Job Title: Graduate Trainee (Gender and Youth) – Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Mercy Corps Uganda
Duty Station: Kaabong
Job Category: Programming
Requisition Number: UNBUG01739
Mercy Corps Uganda Profile
Mercy Corps exists to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities. Mercy Corps’ work emphasizes community-led, market-driven interventions through public, private and civic sector partnerships. After more than a decade of operation in Uganda, the Mercy Corps country team has differentiated itself as a forward-thinking, market-driven agency, having implemented or currently implementing nearly 40 programs, valued at over $141 million, changing the lives of over 2.5 million Ugandans and refugees. In Uganda, some of our donors include USAID, SIDA, DFID, WFP, US Department of State; MasterCard Foundation, and ECHO, with over 20 programs and projects currently in operation in 30 districts.
Roles and Responsibilities for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021:
• Offer direct support to the Gender and Youth team during training activities either as a facilitator or co-facilitator as shall be determined by the team
• Use training skills to build capacity of Mercy Corp’s external partners under the supervision and with direction from the gender and youth team
• Conduct mobilization for field activities as and when assigned by the Gender and Youth Officer/Department
• Support research activities as shall occasion throughout the implementation cycle of Apolou Program – Gender & Youth Department
• Supervise and support enumerators when called upon
• Perform any other duties as shall be assigned by the supervisor
• Specific activities and deliverables will include the following:
• Completion of training activities
• Activity reports of the research/assessment activities conducted
• Handover notes to the Gender and Youth Officer in case of departure
Minimum Qualifications for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021
• Diploma or Degree in Gender Studies, Political Science, Development Studies, Research, Women’s Studies, Economics, Sociology or other related fields.
• Must have graduated within the last two years.
• Analytical skills and the ability to synthesize data and notes into a clear and concise database and report.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office..
• Managing resources – organizes and manages information in an optimum manner.
• Effectively presents data and information in a way that is manageable for sharing with colleagues
• A good listener and also provides feedback.
• Experience in Kaabong strongly preferred
• Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Ng’akarimojong language is highly desirable.
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
How To Apply for Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 2nd July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.