Job Title: Merchant Acquisition Manager (Direct Sales) – Airtel Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Airtel Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Head Merchant Portfolio
Airtel Uganda Profile
Airtel was launched in Uganda in June 2010 and is Uganda’s most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunications sector. As a mobile operator airtel introduced affordable communication products and services that have transformed millions of Ugandans and businesses.
History of the airtel in Uganda;
CELTEL Uganda was the first Telecommunication Company in Uganda that was introduced in 1995 and transformed telephony by connecting people with the use of a mobile phone. In July 2007, CELTEL Uganda changed its brand name to ZAIN Uganda that was eventually changed to Airtel Uganda in 2010 thus joining a family of over 361 million customers across its operations at the end of May 2016. In May 2013, Airtel Uganda achieved a great success story having acquired Warid Telecom and growing to a family of over 8.9 Million customers and being the 2nd largerst telecom in Uganda.
The role holder will be responsible for; formulating merchant acquisition and the implementation of the overall merchant strategy within assigned territory for medium & semi large business niche / segments from identification, creation & management to business scale up as well as team management for resources assigned.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Formulation of the tactical plan & roll out of the merchant strategy across the country to tie up all small merchants, medium & semi large.
· Ownership & achievements of daily, monthly, quarterly & annual targets within the segment.
· Ownership and Identification of potential prospects & leading pitches to ensure closure within the niche
· Merchant Training & Management
· Revenue growth
· Ensuring that all appointed merchants are well branded & product fully merchandised.
· Timely reporting.
· Minimum of a university degree preferably in Business Studies or related field
· 3 years’ experience in Business development and sales team management preferably in FMCG or Financial services industry
· Business development skills.
· Team work
· Leadership skills
· Communication skills
· Interpersonal skills
· Attach copies of all academic documents.
· Soliciting of influence of any nature will lead to an automatic disqualification.
· We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not hear from us within 1 week from the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
How To Apply for Airtel Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested Candidates are invited to submit their applications to the email address below. Please attach your CV, academic qualifications and day phone contact.
Send Email to: vacancies@ug.Airtel.com and clearly indicate the email subject as “Merchant Acquisition Manager”
Deadline: 25th June 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.