Job Title: 22 Assistant Nursing Officers (Intensive Care) – Ministry of Health Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Ministry of Health
Duty Station: Kampala
Monthly: Shs. 4,435,200/=
Duration of contract: Three Months
Reports to: Senior Nursing Officer
Ministry of Health Profile:
Uganda has graduated into the second wave of COVID-19 with a sharp increase in the number of asymptomatic, severe and critical cases as well as a significant change in the disease profile. This requires adequate resources both human and financial to contain the spread and to save lives. The ICU capacity in the entire country needs to be stepped up immediately. The medical fraternity is facing challenges of managing overwhelming emergencies without sufficient resources and highly motivated teams.
An ICU nurse is responsible for closely observing patients, noting specific procedures and prescribed medication for each case; assisting doctors in providing physical assessments and administering treatments; monitoring vital signs and ensuring the proper functions of feeding tubes, ventilators, catheters and other medical equipment.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure provision of quality healthcare in the CT
- Participate in the treatment of COVID 19 patients in the CTU.
- Ensure proper storage and usage of supplies and drugs in the CTU.
- Ensure proper disposal of medical waste in the CTU.
- Ensure the safety of patients and health workers in the CTU.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Must be trained at a Registered level.
- Must be registered with the Nurses and Midwives Council.
- Should have counseling, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Should be patient have focused approach and pleasant personality.
How To Apply for Ministry of Health Uganda Jobs 2021
The Ministry of Health with support from the World Health Organization and the World Alliance for Lung and Intensive Care Medicine in Uganda (WALIMU), therefore, invites applications from suitably qualified applicants to fill vacant posts tenable on Non-gratuitable Local Contract Terms in Mulago National Referral Hospital and Kiruddu National Referral Hospital (Namboole CTU) to support the National Response against COVID-19. Applications should be submitted online to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Permanent Secretary
Ministry of Health
Attention: Commissioner Human Resources
Online applications should include a cover letter, CV, National ID and Annual Practicing License sent as one PDF document. Candidates invited for interviews will be required to bring the following documents:
- Academic and professional certificates (UCE, UACE, Professional Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees, Fellowships).
- Evidence of training in specialized areas where applicable.
- Letters of appointment, confirmation, and promotion where applicable.
- Registration certificates and valid practicing licenses for health workers from relevant Professional Councils.
- National and current Institutional Identity Cards.
Emphasis: It is emphasized that:
- The applications should be submitted online.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring their original certificates, letters of appointment, Registration Certificates and Valid Practicing Licenses, and evidence of active service, or any other relevant documents at the interviews.
- Candidates who will present forged certificates shall be handed over to the Police for appropriate action.
- In case of need, you are advised to seek help from the Commissioner Human Resource Management, Ministry of Health on 0776417077 Or the Program Manager, WALIMU on 0774855870.
Closing Date: 30th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.