Job Title: Fresher Ramp Attendants – Uganda Airlines Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Airlines
Duty Station: Kampala
Reporting Line: Ramp Supervisor
Uganda Airlines Profile:
Uganda Airlines is Uganda’s flagship national passenger and cargo carrier. We provide scheduled air transportation services in East Africa and near-international markets.
On 23rd April 2019, we received our first two Bombardier CRJ900s, the first of a growing fleet. During our first phase of operations, we will be flying to the cities of Nairobi, Mombasa, Dar es Salaam, Kilimanjaro, Juba, Bujumbura, and Mogadishu.
With the upcoming arrival and addition of new planes to our fleet, we will expand our route map and fly to DRC, Zanzibar, Asmara, Hargeisa, Lusaka, Harare, Johannesburg, Djibouti, and Addis Ababa, and plan to make international flights connecting Uganda to Europe, the Middle East, West Africa and Asia.
To provide all necessary and required baggage sortation services to ensure departing baggage is loaded on the correct flight, and arriving baggage is reconciled with passengers in a timely manner. Duties include (and are not limited to) sorting baggage and cargo, delivery and collection of baggage from the Aircraft and handling of inbound arriving baggage and cargo.
Roles and responsibilities:
Key accountabilities /responsibilities:
- Load and unload passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies and the airport belt system.
- Load and unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to the designated location.
- Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
- Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto the conveyor system
- Deliver air cargo to the appropriate recipient
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment to include tow tractors, belt loaders, container loaders, baggage tugs,
- Baggage carts, cargo dollies and other equipment as required.
- Collect and load mail, live animals, wheelchairs and child strollers onto the Aircraft
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate Supervisor/Manager
- Comply with all UCAA legislation and UR security requirements
- Comply with UR Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all times
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- Attention to detail and quality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Confident, decisive and proactive.
- Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE)
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the Airport at times where public transport may not be available
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Able to work in a manual environment and repeatedly lift up to 32kg throughout a shift.
- Able to work as part of a team in a challenging environment
- A full driving license
- Previous experience working in an Aviation environment is required
- The ability to speak different languages will be an added advantage.
How To Apply for Uganda Airlines Jobs 2021
Application letters, complete with Curriculum Vitae giving two (2) referees, and copies of academic and professional certificates with one passport size photograph (one full-size photograph for Cabin Crew applicants) should be submitted online at www.careers.ugandairlines.com or by post quoting the Job Reference number accordingly.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Manager Human Resources.
Uganda National Airlines Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 431, Entebbe, Uganda.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 12th July 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.