Job Title: 14 Fresher Security Assistants – Uganda Airlines Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Airlines
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Security Duty Officer (Operations)
Uganda Airlines Profile:
Uganda Airlines is Uganda’s flagship national passenger and cargo carrier. We provide scheduled air transportation services in East Africa and near-international markets.
On 23rd April 2019, we received our first two Bombardier CRJ900s, the first of a growing fleet. During our first phase of operations, we will be flying to the cities of Nairobi, Mombasa, Dar es Salaam, Kilimanjaro, Juba, Bujumbura, and Mogadishu.
With the upcoming arrival and addition of new planes to our fleet, we will expand our route map and fly to DRC, Zanzibar, Asmara, Hargeisa, Lusaka, Harare, Johannesburg, Djibouti, and Addis Ababa, and plan to make international flights connecting Uganda to Europe, the Middle East, West Africa and Asia.
Perform duties to ensure the protection of Passengers, ground staff, crew, aircraft, office premises, and company assets from unlawful interference against civil aviation and report all security incidents and breaches brought to his/her attention.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Controlling the access of persons to parked aircraft under service and presence of security onboard during inflight catering and cleaning service at ALL times.
- Ensuring that ONLY AUTHORIZED persons are permitted access into aircraft and unauthorized persons encountered challenged immediately!
- Carrying out mandatory verification of the validity of airport permits, ground staff, crew ID badges or passenger boarding pass who is attempting to access the aircraft and challenging those in breach.
- Carrying out a physical search before and after of ALL ramp vehicles, Inflight catering trucks, including ramp buses that convey Uganda National Airlines passengers and crew for prohibited weapons and explosive devices
- Carrying out 100% physical inspection and x-ray screening of cargo, mails and couriers before acceptance for transportation on Uganda National Airlines aircraft.
- Escorting at ALL TIMES Uganda National Airlines screened baggage, cargo, mails and couriers to and from the aircraft.
- Effectively screening by metal detection or physical hand search of ALL authorized persons other than passengers holding a valid boarding pass for the flight, before he/she is permitted access into Uganda National Airlines aircraft.
- Ensuring mandatory exit screening for all authorized persons leaving the aircraft after access has been granted and a record kept on file.
- Ensuring Airline/contracted catering security staff search a reasonable proportion of catering supplies and stores
- Ensuring catering supplies is escorted to the aircraft in sealed, tamper-evident containers/trucks and verifications of seals before loading at ALL times.
- Responding to security incidents and taking appropriate action in accordance with prescribed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Ensuring that all contracted staff report ALL security and safety incidents relating to Uganda National Airlines operations to be investigated and corrective actions are taken to prevent reoccurrences.NO Airline staff or contracted staff is authorized to talk to the press or comment on any incident relating to Uganda National Airlines except the designated Official.
- Report on DAILY inspection of aircraft, exterior baggage, and cargo hold before loading and after offloading, visual inspection of aircraft undercarriage with the assistance of Uganda National Airlines ground Engineers as appropriate.
- Adhere to all regulations and relevant Aviation Security legislation, Aviation Crimes Act, ICAO annex 17 and the Civil Aviation Act
- Keep current with local instruction and policy and maintain a good knowledge of contingency plans, relevant law and practices
- Comply with all AVSEC Health and Safety policies and procedures (including Covid-19 Contingencies)
- Controlling the access of authorized persons into Uganda Airlines premises at ALL times and guarding of parked aircraft and Ground Service Equipment (GSEs)
- Any other duties as required.
Qualifications for Uganda Airlines Jobs 2021
- First University degree in Social sciences, International Relations or in law, international law, police studies, or a related field, or additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses, or relevant diploma in aviation security courses from a recognized institution may be accepted in lieu of the First University degree.
- Industry Training:
- Diploma in a related field, or Aviation Security training from a recognized institution and Organization.
- ICAO AVSEC BASIC STP 123 Basic Certification – is mandatory
- IATA Dangerous Regulations Certification- added advantage.
- AVSEC Screener Certification issued by a Competent Authority.
- Ability to prepare regular AVSEC activity reports as required.
- Fluency in written and spoken English language. Intermediate knowledge of written and spoken French is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in aviation security at an airport is required.
- Experience in or acceptance of working in a 24-hour, 7 day a week rotating shift worker environment
- Competent working knowledge of the Aviation Security Service statutory and rules framework, in particular the Civil Aviation Act and pursuant regulations, CAA rules, National Aviation Security Programme and ICAO Annex 17 requirements
- Awareness of excellence in customer service
- Willingness to work in a flexible manner in a changing environment
- Knowledge of an airport and/or security environment
- Experienced in dealing with the public
- Experience in or the ability to understand and apply legislation in a practical, common sense manner
- Empathy with different cultures
- Experience in or acceptance of working in a 24 hour, 7 day a week rotating shift worker environment
- Competent working knowledge of the Aviation Security Service statutory and rules framework, in particular the Civil Aviation Act and pursuant regulations, CAA rules, National Aviation Security Programme and ICAO Annex 17 requirements.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written English skills
How To Apply for Uganda Airlines Jobs 2021
Application letters, complete with Curriculum Vitae giving two (2) referees, and copies of academic and professional certificates with one passport size photograph (one full-size photograph for Cabin Crew applicants) should be submitted online at www.careers.ugandairlines.com or by post quoting the Job Reference number accordingly.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Manager Human Resources.
Uganda National Airlines Company Ltd.
P.O. Box 431, Entebbe, Uganda.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 12th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.