Job Title: Production and Marketing Assistant – DanChurchAid Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: DanChurchAid (DCA)
Duty Station: West Nile Region, Uganda
DanChurchAid (DCA) Profile:
DanChurchAid has a vision of a world without hunger, poverty and oppression, in which popular and political powers constantly work strongly and actively for a just and sustainable distribution and use of the earth’s resources.
The Production and Marketing Assistant will support all DCA production and marketing activities in Yumbe District. The activities include supporting VLSAs, IGA interventions, cash for work, capacity building of farmers, provision of agric-inputs and data collection including baseline.
Furthermore, the Production and Marketing Assistant will support cash-based interventions including vouchers for agric-inputs, protection grants to farmers, post-distribution monitoring using digital tools, market prices and market complaints handling using MMT. He/she will also be responsible for commodity quality control, troubleshoot any vendor interface challenges, and assist beneficiaries in market transaction.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Identification, registration and verification of beneficiaries for both production and marketing/ livelihoods and Cash and Markets interventions.
- Effectively implement the day-to-day activities according to approved work plans and technical standards.
- Assist in trainings of target beneficiaries under the production and marketing/ livelihood activities.
- Actively participate in trainings at field level and establish producer group demonstration sites.
- Actively mobilize beneficiaries for various activities as required
- Work closely and coordinate project activities with sub county agricultural extension worker.
- Identify crop pests and diseases and advice producer group members on control measures.
- Link farmers to producer groups members to input and output markets.
- Monitor and document DCA’s production and marketing/ livelihood activities.
- Participate in Zonal, Parish and Sub county coordination meetings.
- Produce reports to contribute to the weekly, monthly and other reports.
- B.Sc. in Agriculture, Economics and or business development or related field
- At least three years of working experience with VLSAs, IGAs and farmer support groups
- Experience working in refugee settlements and host communities.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) with ability to work with data bases.
- Understanding digital data collection using mobile monitoring technology (MMT)
- Excellent communication skills and ability to write good reports.
- Understanding of the West Nile context and local languages will be an added advantage.
- Must possess a valid riding permit
The contract length is 16 months. Start date: As soon as possible
How To Apply for DanChurchAid Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 13th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.