Job Title: Shelter and Infrastructure Assistant (Forestry/Environment) – DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Danish Refugee Council Uganda
Duty Station: Moyo or Obongi
Reports to: Team Leader Shelter and Infrastructure
Danish Refugee Council Uganda Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Overseeing the quality, timely implementation of Forest and Environmental conservation activities in compliance with DRC standards and budgets.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Collaboration with relevant external technical experts on issues related to forest and environmental protection and conservation in Kitgum operation area and in (Refugees and host communities);
- Actively participate in the designing and supervising of the forest operation and management in of all food forest/woodlots in collaboration with the Kitgum District Local Government KDLG Natural Resource Officer;
- Represent DRC with local authorities and other stakeholders in the District jurisdiction;
- Coordinate all Forestry related activities in the District of jurisdiction in collaboration with other actors in the sector;
- Promote integration of environment protection and conservation in programming of all sectors DRC is intervening
- Spearhead Forestry education in the designated areas of DRC operations with emphasis on Resilience designs on promoting forest protection, development and climate change adaptation;
- Spearhead the development and review community environment action plants in collaborations with relevant stakeholders;
- Support the establishment and or functionality of local environment structures in collaboration with the district environment officer;
- Organize technical trainings for beneficiaries in relevant themes within host communities;
- Plan the establishment and develop strategic plans to sustain them;
- Supporting the development of ecotourism;
- Sensitizing communities about the benefits of sustainable exploitation of forest resources;
- Spearhead mobilization of households and institutions to participate in the raising of tree seedlings, planting and management;
- Participate in the development and implementation of the project’s M&E tools, project plans/budget and funding proposals;
Qualifications for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum experience of 02 Years’ experience in implementing environmental conservation related activities in Humanitarian and Development Context
- 2 years’ experience managing forest based resources and vibrant knowledge in raising tree seedlings and Food forest establishment.
- Experience of working with UN or Non‐Governmental organizations.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness.
- Understanding of CFW/VFW approaches, gender, protection and human rights.
- Exceptional knowledge is Result based Management in line with Agro Forestry.
- Outstanding knowledge in Risk based management of Humanitarian and Development projects.
- Computer skills.
- Good organizational and people management skills.
- Has ability to reside and work in the attached field locations within Adjumani Zone B area of operation.
- Has strong ability to operate light automobile machine and hold a valid driving license class “A”.
- A University degree or Diploma in Forestry, Environmental science and Management from recognized University.
- Strong knowledge in Cash for Work/Voucher for work intervention in line with Forest and natural resource management.
- Thematic trainings relevant to the position for instance; nursery bed establishment, woodlots/Food forest establishment, water and soil conservation, sustainable environmental conservation and protection, Natural Resource management and among others
- English- fluent and any one of the local languages spoken in the host community and settlements
- Knowledge of local language spoken in Uganda.
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 12th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.