Job Title: Advocacy and Campaigns Officer – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Associate Director Advocacy
World Vision Uganda (WVU)
World Vision Uganda (WVU) is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in 43 districts and have 48 Area Programmes implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with these beneficiaries. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
The Advocacy and Campaigns Officer will coordinate World Vision flagship campaign (It Takes a A World to End Violence Against Children) including any other campaign intiatives in the technical programmes of Education, Health, Child Protection Resilence and Livelihood in both the development and emergence response areas of operation. The Officer will collaborate with relevant functions at the national and Area Program Level to support the design, planning, implementation, tracking and monitoring of campaign intiatives with fidelity while ensuring the campaign interventions contribute to improving the wellbeing of children. The job-holder will ensure visibility and amplification of the campaign agendas through strategic communications and external engagements at national and local level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Design, implementation and monitoring of Campaign initiatives
• Design and/or integrate the flagship campaign agenda in different technical programmes
• Guide and ensure all Area Programmes budget for the flagship campaign activities at national and local levels
• Implement all national level campaign activities relating the It Takes a A World
• Closely monitor and track progress of the campaign outputs, outcomes and impact at national and local level
• Coordinate the functionality of the Cross Functional Team charged with the campaign oversight
Partnership building, networking and collaborations
• Advocate and influence partnerships and/or coalitions towards the adoption and /or support for the campaign agenda at national and local level
• Coordinate implementation of partnership and/or coalition activities relating to the campaign at national level
• Monitor and track progress on commitments for the Campaign agenda at national and local level
Knowledge Management and Learning
• Coordinate the generation and utilization of evidence to support the campaign agenda at different levels
• Support relevant functions to generate quality quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports with clear campaign outputs and outcomes
• Create and maintain a resource hub to support internal and external engagements on the campaign
Amplify of the Campaign at National and Local levels
• Coordinate the design and dissemination of campaign promotional materials including IECs
• Explore opportunities for improving the visibility of the campaign online and offline
• Generate content on the campaign for different platforms and audiences including traditional and new forms of media communication, newsletters and infographics
Contribute to resource mobilization through campaign related programmes.
• Participate in resource mobilization through proposal writing to ensure integration of campaign agenda in different funding opportunities
• Support the development of fundable concept notes and design of new projects with a focus on the flagship campaign and or any other campaign
• Map out all the succuessful project designs with campaign intiatiives and keep track of the implementation of the campaign agenda
• Ensure campaigns are integrated in project designs as a strategy for influencing policy change
• Must possess a university degree in development discipline. A postgraduate training in a related discipline will be an added advantage.
• At least 3 years of proven experience in coordinating campaigns and/or advocacy related interventions at local and national levels including partnership building and influence of different stakeholders on given campaign agenda.
• Demonstrable advocacy skills,
• Excellent writing and documentation skills.
• Strong collaboration and networking skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Mobilization and awareness creation
• Building networks and coalitions
• Campaign management skills
• Track record demonstrating high integrity, innovativeness, creativity, reliability and dependable
• Excellent computer application skills in Microsoft packages (Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
• Team player, Self-motivator, able to work with limited supervision;
• Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
• Willing to attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
• The job is based at the National Office with frequent travel to the field except where there is a pandemic that restricts movement like COVID-19
• Perform other duties as required
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 14th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.