Job Title: Database Administrator – FINCA Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: FINCA Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
FINCA Uganda Profile:
FINCA Uganda is a subsidiary of FINCA Microfinance Holding Company LLC (FMH) and part of a network of 20 microfinance institutions and banks that provide socially responsible financial services that enable low–income individuals and communities to invest in the future. FINCA Uganda currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda – one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world. FINCA Uganda is looking for dynamic persons to join our team of professionals to help better serve our clients.
The Database Administrator is responsible for providing the planning, coordination, utilization and administration of Oracle relational databases, MS-SQL relational databases, Sybase databases, Management Information System (MIS) databases and other file organization and access methods.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Recommending database management systems, hardware platforms and data distributions to be used in system implementations.
- Assigning and controlling names used for the various portions of database to include, transaction codes, elements, tables, records, schema and sub-schema.
- Ensuring adequate security safeguards are in place to control access to all databases.
- Ensuring the integrity of database files through the daily monitoring of database backups, logs, journals and transaction statistics.
- Overseeing the proper distribution and controlled replication of data across Disaster Recovery (DR) sites and databases.
- Planning and executing performance tests of physical data base designs.
- Allocating disk space for new data tables and monitoring space utilization for existing data tables.
- Making adjustments to table sizes and locations to ensure efficient use of resources and to optimize performance.
- Managing schema and sub-schema libraries, and responding to requests for data views.
- Implementing database backup and recovery plans and performing database recoveries and coordinating with other areas of the IT department.
- Monitoring and reviewing operating statistics for conformance to performance standards and overall system performance goals.
- Maintaining documentation about test and production database environments to help resolve potential production problems.
- Preparing periodic reports on the status of all database systems to include performance data, economics data and database usage.
- Supporting Core banking and Delivery Channels database systems.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Ability to provide solutions to complex technical problems in a creative and analytic manner.
- Good team player
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent capacity to present and to explain the information, influence and persuade others, as well as promote understanding and consensus.
- Ability to balance, prioritize, and organize multiple tasks.
- High level of energy, creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm and commitment self-confidence and initiative.
- Accuracy, attention to detail and awareness of deadlines.
- Hard working self-starter with initiative.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
- 3 year’s work experience in a similar position
- Oracle/MS SQL/Sybase DBA certification is an added advantage
How To Apply for FINCA Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates who so wish to take up this role in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 14th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.