Job Title: Fresher Research Nurse Counsellor – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The project nurse counsellor will be responsible for follow-up on babies delivered by syphilis mother and administering of all project related procedures including, testing, treatment and follow-up on positive syphilis babies. She/he will be working together with the staff at the Health facility, will perform high level confidentiality counselling to mothers of affected neonates and refer patients for further management, care or for social support services. The Nurse Counsellor will be required to complete the District registry opened for Syphilis birth outcomes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in screening and enrolment of clients with positive syphilis tests, focusing on syphilis positive pregnant mothers and newborn babies
- Administer treatment to and follow-up on the new born babies diagnosed with syphilis.
- Participate in completing registries and other documentation related to project
- Participate in routine QC/QA procedures for project documents
- Attend project staff meetings on a regular basis
- Participate as a full member of the facility health care team
- Provide a full range of counseling services to mothers with congenital syphilis babies
- Identify maternal problems and document pertinent information regarding neonatal outcome
- Assist Mothers in formulating plans for addressing problem areas
- Refer patients for further counseling to other social support institutions
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Perform any other duties assigned, as deemed necessary for project activities
- Minimum of a Diploma in Nursing from a recognized institution.
- Currently registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in clinical or medical research setting
- Computer literate
- Up to date training in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Human Subjects Research Protection (HSP)
- Previous experience with working on pregnant mothers and new born infants will be an added advantage
- Ability to speak the indigenous languages spoken in the central region will be an added advantage.
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of good counselling and nursing procedures & practices
- Knowledge and understanding of HIV/AIDS and current STI treatment guidelines
- Good team player and flexible
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 21st July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.