Job Title: 2 Psychosocial Workers – HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Handicap International Federation
Job Location: Kyaka , Kyangwali
Reports to: Project Manager
Handicap International Federation Profile:
Handicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI Uganda is due to implement an Integrated Nutrition, Community Health, and Rehabilitation for
Greater Empowerment (INCHARGE) in partnership with Tutapona Inc. and Medical Teams
International (MTI) in Kyegegwa (Kyaka) and Kikuube (Kyangwali) District. The three year project starting in August 2021 till July 2024 seeks to Increase access to comprehensive life-saving primary health care services while promoting meaningful access to safe rehabilitative and psychosocial support that is accountable to refugees and host populations in West Nile, Southwest, and Midwest Uganda settlements and transit centres namely Refugee-hosting districts in Uganda including the refugee settlements of Adjumani, Palorinya, Kyangwali, Nakivale, Oruchinga, Kyaka II, Rwamwanja, Nyakabande, Matanda, and Ntoroko. The HI project will however implemented in Kyaka II and Kyangwali Refugee Settlements and surrounding host community settlements.
The objectives of the project include:
• Objective 1: To improve access to life-saving comprehensive primary health care including community health systems strengthening, mental health, and rehabilitation services among
refugees and host populations.
• Objective 2: To improve uptake of comprehensive reproductive, maternal, and newborn health care and clinical response to SGBV in settlements and transit centers.
• Objective 3: To reduce prevalence of acute malnutrition through community empowerment activities to support diet diversification, anaemia prevention, and optimal IYCF among children under 5 years, PLWs, and women of child-bearing age.
• Objective 4: To promote integration of humanitarian efforts with long-term sustainability in line with national strategies, nexus, and Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework
HI will specifically be contributing to objective 1 seeking provide comprehensive physical rehabilitation services with physiotherapy, assistive devices, and psychosocial support services to people with disabilities and other vulnerable populations in both the refugee and host communities in Kyegegwa and Kikuube District.
Responsible for overall daily implementation of psychosocial support at the beneficiary home, fixed points in the refugee settlement, and as part of the mobile team.
Roles and Responsibilities for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021:
1: Carry out Psychosocial Assessments for beneficiary needs.
• Conduct psychosocial assessments for beneficiary and caretakers needs using the Psychlops (PM+tool) for adults or tree of life tools for children
• Plan appropriate interventions addressing the identified beneficiary and caretakers’ psychosocial needs.
2: Offer secure and appropriate psychosocial support
• Provide psychosocial services based on the informed consent of the beneficiary and adapted to her/his needs, taking into account the limitations of the emergency responses; Detect any evolution of the cases and modify the action plan accordingly or refer to a relevant colleague, superior or stakeholders;
• Provide appropriate psychosocial sessions to beneficiaries, including children, and their caregivers, through family, groups and individual-based approaches in coordination with relevant services based on the specific situation of the person
• Provide comprehensive individual and group sessions for people with disabilities and their caregivers jointly and not with the PTs or Psychologists according the action plan defined.
• Carryout follow-up psychosocial sessions for beneficiaries and caregivers for continuous support.
3: Refer beneficiary to other services when needed.
• Identify needs for referrals to other relevant stakeholders and monitor referrals conducted in relationship with, the program manager and the relevant Technical Advisors (MHPSS,
• Refer persons to appropriate services through adequate referral system in place.
• Recognize emergency or situations that need immediate medical care or protection measure and react in consequence making efforts to ensure that beneficiary gets the appropriate services.
4: Organization of daily, weekly and monthly activities according to the organization calendar of work
• Develop weekly field activity reports
• Implement field activities in collaboration with the Physiotherapist and CBF following the project service/case flow
5: Respect HI identity, rules, and policies
• Participate in organization induction in coordination with the Human Resources Manager and
• Know, understand, apply and respect HI code of conduct and ethics, HI mandate and values, HI rules and operating procedure, HI policies (child protection policy, policy and mechanism for the prevention of and fight against bribery, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy) and make sure they are known, understood, applied and respected by its team
• Know, understand, apply and respect HI security rules and make sure they are known, understood and applied by her/his team
Minimum Qualifications for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
• Degree in community Psychology, Counselling, Social work, Education, Child development, Community development or a similar field
• Theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in Mental health and psychosocial support
• Experience in conducting psychosocial group interventions
• At least 1 year of professional experience in MHPSS in an NGO
• Knowledge of
• Disability Inclusion and MHPSS Service Delivery
• Knowledge of the MHPSS and Disability Sectors in Uganda
• Strong comprehension of the psychosocial issues of people with disabilities
• Proven project activity implementation skills in collaboration with stakeholders
• Personal Qualities:
• Ability to work under high pressure;
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
• Strong communication and networking skills
• Strong interest in the fields related to HI mandate
• Strong team player and ability to work independently
Starting Date: August 2021
Length of contract: 12 months
Basic Salary: UGX. 1,319,623
How To Apply for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
Humanity and Inclusion is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage females and persons with disabilities to apply to become a part of our organization.
HI staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the Code of Conduct. HI operates and enforces policies on beneficiary protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption. HI does not solicit funds in exchange for employment opportunities.
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter as One Document (DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES) to HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position and location applied.
Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 16th July 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.