Job Title: Project Manager – HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Handicap International Federation
Job Location: Kyaka II with travel to Kyangwali
Responsible to: Operations Manager
Team Management: 8
Handicap International Federation Profile:
Handicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
HI Uganda is due to implement an Integrated Nutrition, Community Health, and Rehabilitation for
Greater Empowerment (INCHARGE) in partnership with Tutapona Inc. and Medical Teams
International (MTI) in Kyegegwa (Kyaka) and Kikuube (Kyangwali) District. The three year project starting in August 2021 till July 2024 seeks to Increase access to comprehensive life-saving primary health care services while promoting meaningful access to safe rehabilitative and psychosocial support that is accountable to refugees and host populations in West Nile, Southwest, and Midwest Uganda settlements and transit centres namely Refugee-hosting districts in Uganda including the refugee settlements of Adjumani, Palorinya, Kyangwali, Nakivale, Oruchinga, Kyaka II, Rwamwanja, Nyakabande, Matanda, and Ntoroko. The HI project will however implemented in Kyaka II and Kyangwali Refugee Settlements and surrounding host community settlements.
The objectives of the project include:
• Objective 1: To improve access to life-saving comprehensive primary health care including community health systems strengthening, mental health, and rehabilitation services among
refugees and host populations.
• Objective 2: To improve uptake of comprehensive reproductive, maternal, and newborn health care and clinical response to SGBV in settlements and transit centers.
• Objective 3: To reduce prevalence of acute malnutrition through community empowerment activities to support diet diversification, anaemia prevention, and optimal IYCF among children under 5 years, PLWs, and women of child-bearing age.
• Objective 4: To promote integration of humanitarian efforts with long-term sustainability in line with national strategies, nexus, and Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework
HI will specifically be contributing to objective 1 seeking provide comprehensive physical rehabilitation services with physiotherapy, assistive devices, and psychosocial support services to people with disabilities and other vulnerable populations in both the refugee and host communities in Kyegegwa and Kikuube District.
The Rehabilitation Project Manager oversees the Integrated Nutrition, Community Health, and Rehabilitation for Greater Empowerment Project implemented in Kyaka & Kyangwali as well as within selected host community villages. The Project Manager will line manage all field teams, and is approved work plan. He/she coordinates planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation of project activities, and contributes to the development of project proposals and concept notes. He/she manages, provides technical guidance to, and builds the capacity of the project team to improve the quality of service delivery as per HI standards.
Roles and Responsibilities for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021:
1: Project implementation: definition, planning, monitoring and evaluation
• With the support of the Rehabilitation and MHPSS Technical coordinators, define and formalize project methodologies, project organogram, work-plan and monitoring plan.
• Oversee the Implementation of activities in order to achieve the expected results and follow up qualitative and quantitative indicators (working closely with a database officer).
• Constantly adjust the project methodologies to ensure relevance and adequacy to the evolving context.
• Participate in the implementation of the Comprehensive Refugee Health Services particularly to Objective 1.
• Monitor the activities implemented by the comprehensive team of physiotherapist and PSS workers/Psychologist to ensure adherence to the technical frameworks of HI.
• Ensure that services are provided in the community, fixed point for the refugee community and health centers for the host community.
2: Contribute towards Program strategy in close collaboration with HI (Uganda) Technical Unit
• Analysing regional systems within health and social services as well as, physical rehabilitation, and mental health in Kyegegwa and Kikuube Districts (area of HI intervention).
• Ensuring the technical relevance and quality of HI intervention in rehabilitation,
MHPSS and orthotics.
3. Support Service (HR, Finance and logistics) supervision
Team management and internal coordination
• With the support of technical advisors/managers, recruit and train project staffs according to HI methodologies and work procedures;
• Ensures good communication, coordination and information level of each member of team through regular coordination meetings (or other if needed);
• Support comprehensive team to define his and her action plan;
• Conduct annual performance evaluation according to HR procedures;
• Work in close coordination and collaboration with the support service team;
• Follow up the professional evolution of each member of your staff: individual interviews, appraisals…
• Ensure conflict resolution within your team and inform your line manager
• Propose adaptation to the organizational chart and define job descriptions accordingly in collaboration with the line manager
Budget monitoring, follow up and administrative follow-up
• Plan the monthly forecast and submits according to schedule set by finance department
• Follow up operational line consumption
• Ensure the project staff comply with administration process
• Ensure good coordination with the logistics department
• Anticipate logistics needs including supply and services, movements and other activities required to the completion of project activities
4: Representation and external coordination
• Representation of HI to local authorities in the settlements and host communities
o Participation in all kinds of coordination meetings locally (Government meetings, clusters, health, rehabilitation and mental health working group)
• Prepare report/documentation of relevant information related to comprehensive rehabilitation matters to relevant stakeholders and to HI Uganda related to external coordination meetings.
5: MEAL and Reporting
o Prepare and submit field visit reports as needed on external activities related to the project and representation;
• Prepare and submit monthly situation report (SITREP and PM Box) providing relevant data related to comprehensive rehabilitation and MHPSS activities (statistic, review monthly objectives, etc.);
o Collaborate with MEAL team to ensure accurate data is recorded from project activities;
• Participate in the analysis of data and provide narrative guidance in collaboration
• with HI technical team;
o Write donor reports with the support of the HI technical team – quarterly, annual, intermediate and final reports;
• Write Human Interest Stories (Success Stories)
• Provide a handover/end of mission report as needed;
6: Demonstrate ethics, safe, secure and professional practices
• Exhibit professional ethics, respect and promote Humanity & Inclusion mandate and values at all times
• Respect Humanity & Inclusion’s child protection policy, the policy on protection of
beneficiaries from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment, the anti-fraud bribery and corruption policy and report to your line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
• Ensure the strict application of the rules including the code of conduct;
• Demonstrate ethical and professional practice;
• Report any incident in which s/he’s involved/witnessed immediately;
• To report any incident or act that causes any harm to beneficiary or to others
7: Respect HI identity, rules and policies
In coordination with the Human Resources Manager and Operations Manager:
• Know, understand, apply and respect HI code of conduct and ethics, HI mandate and values, HI rules and operating procedure, HI policies (child protection policy,
policy and mechanism for the prevention of and fight against bribery, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment policy) and make sure they are known, understood, applied and respected by the team
• Know, understand, apply and respect HI security rules and make sure they are known, understood and applied by her/his team
• Regular refresher trainings are organized
Minimum Qualifications for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
• An advanced university degree (masters or equivalent) in either or combination of the following fields: Sociology, Social sciences, Disability studies, physical rehabilitation
• Three years of NGO professional experience in a senior managerial position
• Significant management experience is essential
• Strong experience in project cycle management, preferably within multisector approaches
• Experience in prosthesis and orthosis
• Previous experience in both Protection and MHPSS Experience with CBR programs
• Understanding of new technologies in the field of rehabilitation
• Capacity building and coaching skills.
Competencies and Personal Skills
• Proven managerial experience;
• Proven representation experience;
• Strong communication skills;
• English mandatory (oral and written);
• Strong writing and reporting skills;
• Knowledge of Microsoft applications.
• Personal qualities:
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Good coordination skills;
Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
Starting Date: August 2021
Length of contract: 12 months
Basic Salary: Based on Level of experience
How To Apply for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
Humanity and Inclusion is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage females and persons with disabilities to apply to become a part of our organization.
HI staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the Code of Conduct. HI operates and enforces policies on beneficiary protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption. HI does not solicit funds in exchange for employment opportunities.
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter as One Document (DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES) to HR department at email@example.com indicating the position and location applied for.
Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification.
Deadline: 16th July 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.