Job Title: Fresher Project Officer For Education (KIX Project) – War Child Holland Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: War Child Holland (WCH)
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Team Leader (TL)
War Child Holland (WCH) Profile
War Child Holland is a relatively small, quality-focused international NGO specializing in child protection, mental health and psychosocial support.
Knowledge and Innovation Exchange (KIX) is a joint initiative from the Global Partnership for Education (GPE) and the International Development Research Centre (IDRC). The major objective of the KIX project is: To determine how education technology innovations can be adapted and scaled to improve education access and quality for refugee and displaced children in conflict-affected countries. In Uganda, the proposed research is designed to evaluate the effectiveness of the Can’t Wait to Learn (CWTL) programme and support its scale-up in Uganda and other CWTL countries. RCTs are the widely recognized as the most appropriate study designs for achieving this aim and determining causality. This RCT will be implemented in 15 control schools and 15 treatment schools in 2022, and will be preceded by a feasibility study in 2021. Can’t Wait to Learn is an education technology programme, developed by War Child, to improve the learning outcomes and positively affect psychosocial wellbeing of children living in conflict-affected settings. The programme is composed of comprehensive trainings and a game whose interface is based on children’s representations of the environments that they live in. Children progress through the game at their own pace, completing numeracy and literacy activities whose learning outcomes are aligned with the national curricula.
The Project Officer-Education (PO-EDU) is responsible for building the technical competencies and capacities of education colleagues and school teachers implementing Can’t Wait to Learn (an innovative education technology project) during the feasibility study and RCT. The role requires day to day support to teachers while coordinating with District Education Officers.
The Project Officer- Education will also carry out administrative and reporting responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the building of knowledge and skills of teachers and District Education officials on the CWTL component.
- Provides staff and stakeholders with information on CWTL.
- Provides onsite support and trainings to teachers on CWTL.
- Support teachers in class room management of CWTL.
- Support classroom observation for CWTL support teachers accordingly
- Prepare and submits monthly reports to their line manager on status of the program.
Data collection from the tablets:
- Support M&E team in data milking
- Support sharing collected data with the schools.
- Supports use of data to improve learning
Oversight of the tablets and head phones:
- Help schools to keep track of the tablets
- Report lost, damaged or non-functioning tablets to line manager and recommend replacement.
- Provide District Education office feedback on the implementation of CWTL.
- Participates in the monitoring of KIX activities.
Administration of work implemented
- Assist in organising trainings for the teachers.
- Assist in communications and coordinators of information between WCH/District Education office and schools.
- Any other tasks assigned by the line manager
- The ideal applicant must hold a Degree in Education, Development Studies, Management, and Social Sciences or in a relevant field/ Diploma with experience in CWTL approach acceptable.
- Should have experience in education technology
- Knowledge of CWTL approach is an added value.
- Strong understanding of Education programs
- Being a teacher is an added advantage.
- Strong IT back ground is preferred.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in teaching/facilitating children in refugee setting is desired.
- Knowledge in Child protection practices required
- Strong skills in coaching, mentoring & facilitation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good computer skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member if a team
- MUST have knowledge on how to ride a motorbike and have a valid license class A.
How To Apply for War Child Holland Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 20th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.