Job Title: Fresher Admission and Discharge Officer – Nakasero Hospital Jobs 2021
Organization: Nakasero Hospital
Duty Station: Kampala
Nakasero Hospital Profile:
Nakasero Hospital is a private hospital in Uganda that has been in operation since 2009. Our Mission is to provide quality, sustainable, compassionate health care by leveraging local and international talent and state-of-the-art technology.
Responsible for handling client’s admissions and final bills settlements in line with the prevailing policies, procedures and guidelines.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Provide cost estimates of hospitalization to patients
• Ensure that patients make substantial deposits before admission as per set guide lines
• Obtain pre authorization guarantees from insurance companies for planned admissions
• Maintain accurate patient records
• Release medical records per request of the patient and significant other in strict adherence to the rules and regulations set by the hospital.
• Assist personnel in the billing department by providing them with pertinent information that will help them carry out accurate billing process.
• Explain to patients the hospital regulations such as visiting hours, payments, available rooms before admission.
• Liaise with Ward In charges to ensure that at the time of admission there are rooms available.
• Inform the nurse/supervisors or relevant people of any cancelled and or alternative procedures
• Carry out ward rounds every morning to ascertain patients likely to be discharged.
• Liaise with Ward Billing Officers to ensure that files for discharged patients are given priority.
• Check the accuracy of patient bills paying special attention to problematic areas such as consultant’s fees, returned drugs, gloves, multiple and abnormal billings.
• Ensure that all bills are signed by the patients to acknowledge their accuracy and acceptance of amounts due to NHL
• Updates patients on the progress of the discharge process
• Liaise with cash office to ensure that cash patients leave the hospital after paying for their bills in full
• Ensure that all cash paying patients who fail to clear bills have filled in a credit application form with approval from the Credit Services Supervisor
• Follow up Guarantee of payment forms from insurance and other health services providers
• Review all billing and discharge registers at the various stations in order to recommend improvements to the discharge process
• Follow up any cases to ensure that their bills are processed in a timely manner
• Update the discharge register in order to track all discharges on a daily basis
• Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Minimum Qualifications for Nakasero Hospital Jobs 2021
Good communication skills. Empathy to patients, Able to work under minimum supervision, Self-motivated and result orientated.
Knowledge/Qualifications and Experience
Diploma or Degree in relevant Field (Nursing), Finance and accounting knowledge, One (1) year’s work experience and Fluent in English
How To Apply for Nakasero Hospital Jobs 2021
Candidates that have relevant experience, meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should submit their applications, Curriculum vitae and academic certificates to email@example.com or Deliver Hard Copies to the Human Resource Office at Nakasero Hospital on 2nd Floor addressed to the Human Resource Manager.
Nakasero Hospital provides an equal opportunity for all qualified persons and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, ethnicity, tribe, national origin, ancestry, religion, disability, gender, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
Canvassing or lobbying by an applicant directly or indirectly in connection with any appointment shall disqualify the applicant.
Nakasero Hospital does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.
Closing Date: 16th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.