Job Title: Fresher Study Coordinator – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Vacancy code: STC-X001
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
Study coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of the various study functions involving the Kaposi sarcoma and cervical cancer studies at IDI. The coordinator will supervise and train study nurses and research assistants to implement various research protocols for both disease conditions. Roles will generally include: Study protocol development, manage regulatory submissions, develop standard operating procedures, participant identification and recruitment, data management, biological specimen collection, inventory management, shipment.Study coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of the various study functions involving the Kaposi sarcoma and cervical cancer studies at IDI. The coordinator will supervise and train study nurses and research assistants to implement various research protocols for both disease conditions. Roles will generally include: Study protocol development, manage regulatory submissions, develop standard operating procedures, participant identification and recruitment, data management, biological specimen collection, inventory management, shipment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Specifically, the responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Principal investigators and Senior study coordinators with implementation of study protocols, planning and problem-solving at IDI and other study sites outside Kampala.
- Assist the Senior study coordinators in the setting-up and maintenance of regulatory approvals for the various protocols.
- Contribute to the setting-up, maintaining and documenting regular communication with all study sites
- Participate in periodic conference calls sometimes outside official 8:00 am to 5:00 pm working hours.
- Coordinate various aspects of the study including but not limited to; data collection, study log maintenance, data entry, biological specimen collection, storage and shipment at all study sites, including those located in Uganda.
- Participate in various study procedures including consent, enrollment, biological specimen collection and follow-up of study participants
- Participate in quality assurance and quality control of study data collected.
- Supervise research nurses and study assistants and ensure that they achieve the objectives of the study as indicated in the protocol following the stipulated standard operating procedures.
- Conduct ongoing performance reviews with direct reports as well as IDI-required performance appraisals.
- Participate in the drafting of study progress and performance reports.
- Participate in the development of materials and training of study staff to implement study procedures.
- Participate in the procurement of study equipment and sundries
- Participate in administration of study financial resources in accordance with IDI’s guidelines.
- Contribute to the administration of study materials and resource inventory.
- Contribute to the writing of scientific abstracts, papers or any other dissemination material from the study.
- Attend relevant Research and Prevention Care and Treatment department meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical medicine and surgery or related field with a relevant Master’s degree is required.
- Previous experience working as a researcher in a coordination role for at least 2 years will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and training in Good Clinical Practice and Human Subjects research is required.
- Good interpersonal skills, organizational skills, strong service ethic, sensitivity to patients, professionalism, and attention to detail are required.
- Demonstrable knowledge and extensive previous experience in clinical research is strongly preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office application.
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 25th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.