Job Title: Research Nurse (KS and Cervical cancer studies) – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Disease Institute
Vacancy code: RNKS-X001
Infectious Diseases Institute Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The Research study nurse will participate in the identification of suitable research participants for the study, the consent process, questionnaire administration, physical examination, biological sample collection (e.g., phlebotomy and skin biopsy), sample transportation and maintenance of study logs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Screen potential participants for eligibility.
- Provide general nursing care to potential participants and study participants.
- Provide study information to potential subjects prior to, during the consent process, and through study participation.
- Travel to various clinics to recruit study participants
- Administer questionnaires to all consented participants
- Perform study procedures that including photographic documentation, collecting and processing biological specimens for instance skin punch biopsy, saliva, blood, and blood draws, completion of study logs and data entry.
- Maintain proper study documentation and participate in review of study questionnaires
- Participate in all the project calls and communication.
- Provide periodic reports on study progress to the study coordinator
- Perform any other study-related duties assigned by Study Coordinators or Principal Investigators.
- Nursing degree or diploma (registered) from a recognized education institution
- Current Nursing Practicing License
- GCP training and research experience will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 1 years work experience in a public health facility setting
- Up to date registration with Uganda Nurses’ and Midwives Council.
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills and ability to communicate with potential participants in local languages
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills in nursing procedures and practices including pediatric phlebotomy.
- Good counseling skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and Ability to be a good team player
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, schedule and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Competence in the use of standard MS Office software
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 25th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.