Job Title: MEAL Coordinator – Medical Teams International Jobs 2021
Organization: Medical Teams International
Medical Teams International Profile:
Medical Teams International is the first line of humanitarian aid for refugees, disaster victims, and mothers worldwide. Help heal a hurting world today.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) are essential in the design and implementation of Medical Teams International’s programs. The primary role of the MEAL Officer is to work directly with field operations technical and program staff to ensure the implementation of high-quality MEAL at the field level. The position provides technical analysis, design, and support in the area of Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning in line with Medical Teams program standards, donor guidelines, and humanitarian sector best practices to deliver high-quality health programming. Working closely with headquarters technical advisors and experts, the MEAL Officer develops effective MEAL systems and data collection tools; collects data using qualitative and quantitative methods; and, conducts data entry and analysis.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervise country office MEAL staff
- Work with country office leadership to determine staffing levels/roles needed to support country office MEAL activities and participate in recruitment to fill those positions
- Responsible for maintaining the comprehensive M&E plan, including indicators and reporting schedules, and monitoring progress toward the plan.
- Collaborate with HQ technical advisors in the development, implementation and ongoing management of a digital health data collection platform
- Monitor implementation of systems, processes and tools ensuring quality and consistency in M&E collection and reporting; mentor Biostatisticians in these methods and tools.
- Provide technical expertise in household survey sampling design, questionnaire development, enumerator training and implementation, including programming needed for electronic data collection
- Contribute to the development of project proposals and reports, including assessments, logframes, M&E plans, baseline and endline survey reports.
- Use data to contribute towards strategic decision-making and project planning with program leadership
- Conduct data quality assessments & data audits to ensure that the collected data is accurate and maintains the integrity of the project
- Conduct beneficiary interviews, focus group discussions, and quality improvement verification visits to the project sites as required by the program
- Compile project monitoring data into internal and external reports reflecting activity indicators to guide management decision making, provide accountability to beneficiaries and stakeholders, share learning and demonstrate impact
- Support proposal development process
- Contribute to the establishment of effective complaints, accountability and response mechanism to enhance feedback, trust and confidence with beneficiaries
- Ensure accountability is integrated into country strategies, program design, monitoring and evaluations, recruitment, staff onboarding, trainings and performance management, partnership agreements, and highlighted in reporting.
- Ensure data storage and systems for sharing are set up to protect the confidentiality of personally identifying beneficiary data and adhere to generally accepted principles for data protection.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and personnel through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, and Child & Vulnerable Adult protection policies and sexual harassment policies
- Develop systematic approaches that support documenting how change is happening within programs and making knowledge accessible and usable at local, country office, and global levels to inform programming
- Support and organize the collection of success stories, case studies, and photos of activities for knowledge management
- Maintain a filing system for all MEAL activities, reports, and analyses in hard and soft copies, including backups
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult Protection, and harassment-free workplace policies
Collaboration and Coordination:
- Collaborates with Medical Teams HQ Programs and technical team for data sharing, reporting, and quality improvement
- Coordinate with M&E counterparts in other organizations and information management working groups
- Collaborate with local Ministry of Health (MoH) for ethics approvals for all surveys
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Core Values.
Education, Experience, Licenses, and Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Demography, Statistics, Social Sciences or related field or equivalent experience is required; Master’s Degree preferred
- Training in Monitoring and Evaluation from a recognized institution is required (Statistics, Public Health or Project Planning and Management or equivalent)
- At least three years of experience with direct health services monitoring and evaluation systems in a humanitarian or development context required
- Proven experience in collecting quantitative and qualitative data using various survey modalities and sampling methodologies, including the development of collection instruments, training of enumerators, monitoring of field collection, and data quality control.
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to staff involved with data collection and reporting.
- Experience with electronic data collection and management (Kobo preferred).
- Experience with HMIS data management and development of project monitoring systems
- Skills in IT, databases, statistical software, and analysis, particularly in areas related to monitoring and evaluation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs
- Knowledge of CHS and SPHERE standards
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Knowledge of evaluation methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of logical framework development and donor reporting (ECHO, DFID, PRM, UN agencies, etc)
- In-depth knowledge of statistical software packages and data visualization tools
- Familiarity with grant management and institutional donor requirements related to proposals and reporting
- Skilled at building and maintaining a high functioning, high performing work team
- Strong proposal and report writing skills.
- Professional working proficiency in English
- Strong computer literacy skills in word processing, spreadsheets, data collection software, data analysis software and presentations
- Well-organized, with strong problem-solving skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Strong and effective interpersonal skills in working with colleagues in a multicultural environment
- Highly skilled in data visualization
- Skilled in project planning and logical framework development
- Excellent English communication skills; highly articulate verbally and in writing
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail
- Self-directed, intrinsically motivated; proven capacity to multitask, work successfully in a team and be responsive to time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently across teams and time zones while remote
- Ability to travel to project locations regularly
- Ability to present technical information in lay terminology
Physical requirements & working conditions
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee must be able to:
- Frequently uses hands, fingers, and arms to reach, handle, touch or feel equipment, medical instruments, materials, computer.
- Frequent communication and exchange of information among colleagues and persons of concern require the ability to speak, hear, convey and express oneself.
- Frequent close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, steps, or a ladder.
- Occasionally move about inside an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, meet with colleagues, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Seldom to occasionally position self to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- If in travel status, occasional to frequent traversing over rough or steep terrain in either a motor vehicle or on foot.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. Add more options and include field requirements.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote project locations where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme hot or cold weather, and very basic living conditions.
How To Apply for Medical Teams International Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.