Job Title: Study medical doctor – Epicentre Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Epicentre Uganda
Job Location: Epicentre Mbarara Research Centre in (EMRC), Uganda
Reports to: Junior Research Assistant/ Site Principal Investigator
Duration: 6 months contract renewable
Epicentre Uganda Profile:
Epicentre is an organisation created by Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in 1986. We conduct field epidemiology, training, and research activities for MSF interventions. Our activities for populations in precarious situations are led from Uganda, Niger, and France, and through the programs of MSF and others. They mainly concern infectious diseases and undernutrition.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To support the PIs in the implementation of the study and ensuring that procedures are followed according to protocol.
- To participate in the informed consent process and clinical assessment of study participants for inclusions in the studies according to the inclusion and exclusion criteria.
- To ensure that all clinical and biological testing required by the study is done at inclusion and during the follow-up visits
- Complete case report forms following CRF completion guidelines, ICH-GCP and SOP
- Provide adequate medical care to study participants and ensure appropriate referral and follow-up in liaison with the site investigator
- To take up any study-specific responsibilities delegated to him/her by the Site Investigators.
- To ensure proper use of the study-specific materials and equipment
- Provide support to the communication team in the implementation of the communication plan, as requested by the Site Investigator.
- To participate in the training related to research studies as deemed appropriate by the Director and the Investigators
- Participate in the meetings of the medical department and in the different meetings as required by the Site Investigator or Director
- Participate in the general activities of the research base as required
- Any other tasks as required by the Site Investigator and the Director.
- To report on any aspects that threaten or favors the program to the Site Investigator
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB) (Mandatory)
- Experience in Clinical Medical practice for at least 1 year (Mandatory)
- Previous experience in clinical research (preferred)
- Fluent in English and Runyankole, Spoken and written (Mandatory)
- Knowledge of MS Office, Excel, and other electronic databases (Preferred)
- Teamwork, flexibility, commitment, and service
How To Apply for Epicentre Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested candidates are invited to hand-deliver their application package (CV, application letter) to
MSF/Epicentre Mbarara Research Base
P. O. Box 1956, Mbarara
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 28th July 2021 at 5:30 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.