Job Title: GIS Analyst – Total Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Total Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Total Uganda Profile
The Total Group has been in Uganda since 1955 through the Marketing and Services division for which it is the market leader with over 129 fuel stations. In 2010, the company also established an exploration and production affiliate Total E&P Uganda.
Primary duties include using mapping software to analyze spatial data and design digital maps. GIS Analysts gather this information to make decisions about how land is utilized. They also anticipate and catalog geographic changes and maintain the digital databases that house geospatial information.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct the jobs in compliance with Company’s IT security Principles, Procedures, International Standards & Recommendations.
- In charge of GIS data management for TEP Uganda. Will centralize all the Uganda GIS information including but not limited to EXPLO, DEV, HSE, Drilling.
- Provide support during the preparation of surveys with all the relevant correspondents:
- Validate the correctness of geo-information data.
- Provide to the users the geo-data and the different maps required.
- Promote, develop and maintain the quality of the geo-data and the file organization for TEP Uganda departments (environment, logistics, operation) and HQ
- Develop communication and data exchange with other GIS teams in Total E&P Uganda
- Execute all types of geodetic checks, transformations and surface calculations.
- Provide reliable data and maps required by different users within TEP Uganda and external stakeholders
- Develop the geo-referencing of different type of data and mapping of the data.
- Respect of the rules, procedures in matter of GIS Standard (Geo Master Database Model)
- Participate in the development and ensure proper implementation of the operational web GIS application in TEPU.
- Ensure the administration of TEP Uganda web‐GIS: data preparation and update, publication of map services, administration of users’ access rights.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with Partners, Government Authorities and HQ for obtaining and exchanging of GIS information.
- Bachelor of Earth Sciences (or equivalent). Second Degree (Masters) will be an added advantage. Master’s degree in Law (added advantage)
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in SIG (ArcGis Tool) and in GIS related position
How To Apply for Total Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.