Job Title: Fresher Diploma IPC Officer – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Hoima
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
The IPC officer will be responsible for coordination of Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) activities in Bunyoro region, including the development, implementation, and evaluation of the regional/District IPC Programme. The officer will work directly with the district IPC focal persons and the district health team to ensure the implementation of IPC measures at the facility and the district.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and monitor implementation of the annual and quarterly IPC workplan plan.
- Oversee the district implementation of the National IPC policy, strategy, procedures, SOPs, and IPC training curricula.
- Coordinate with other district partners to ensure that IPC activities are coordinated among the different stakeholders.
- Advise on the quality and quantity of IPC supplies for the supported health facilities.
- Evaluate progress of IPC implementation activities at district and facility level including supporting the assessment visits to health facilities as per national guidelines.
- Coordinate and ensure Continuous IPC mentorship of Health care workers/lay workers/VHT.
- Monitor and Ensure improvement in the implementation of IPC standards at facilities including triage, social distancing, waste management, etc.
- Ensure facility IPC Focal Persons and facility healthcare staff are adequately trained in IPC and ensure that knowledge and practice gaps are addressed.
- Review reports and action plans submitted by facility IPC Focal Persons.
- Generate district/regional IPC progress reports and presents findings to the ACE-Bunyoro IPC committee/lead.
- Ensure timely submission of all required IPC reports.
- Ensure facilities have updated IPC documents and guidelines.
- Ensure coordination, supervision/mentorship of IPC activities by the district IPC committees.
- Ensure the integration of quality improvement into IPC implementation at facility and district levels.
- Work closely with the MOH, Hoima RRH and above site partners in overseeing and standardizing IPC implementation, IPC mentorship, reporting and IPC QI activities.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community health; a Bachelors’ degree in Public Health will be an added advantage.· At least 1 years’ experience as an IPC or COVID19 trainer/facilitator for nationally recognized training or experience as a member of an IPC committee will be an added advantage.Note: Due to urgency to fill these positions, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
- Prior training in IPC/or COVID19 management.
- 1 Year Relevant Experience
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online:
Click here to apply
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 25th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.