Job Title: VMMC Coordinator – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Fort Portal
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Coordinate and monitor the implementation of Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) for HIV combination prevention.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and periodically review implementation & procurement plans for VMMC and related budgets.
- Coordinate the implementation of VMMC and monitor performance against the set targets.
- Initiate and monitor the procurement, distribution and utilization of all VMMC supplies including IEC materials in line with the organizational procurement policy.
- Build capacity and provide technical assistance to program officers, districts and other community stakeholders to deliver VMMC and other combination prevention interventions through training and mentorship.
- Implement and maintain VMMC quality assurance & control systems in implementing health facilities and districts that ensures delivery of a comprehensive VMMC package in alignment with the national guidelines.
- Prepare and avail timely periodic performance progress reports on VMMC service delivery.
- Provide leadership to the VMMC team that ensures timely staff recruitment, their retention and performance through timely performance appraisal, coaching and professional development in line with the organizational policy.
- Develop and maintain effective corporate, government, and community partnerships and strengthen the community engagement including Health facility-community linkages to create demand for VMMC and other combination HIV Prevention interventions.
- Participate in operational research, fundable grant proposal and abstract writing to ensure program continuity and visibility.
- A post graduate qualification in Public health or related field· 3 years of experience in managing or coordinating health programs; working with a reputable NGO; and working with government entities and district led TA programs.Note: Due to urgency to fill these positions, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
- Have Key personal competences in Team and communication skills, Must be dynamic, Persuasive &convincing, self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
- Bachelor of medicine and Bachelor of surgery (MBCHB) or its equivalent from a recognized institution and must be registered with to practice in Uganda.
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online:
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 25th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.