Job Title: VMMC Health Education Officer (Kamwenge) – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Kamwenge
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
The VMMC Health Educator will support VMMC related community engagements including demand creation and follow up. They will provide technical camp leadership in the areas of VMMC service provision, quality assurance, and quality improvement for better clinical outcomes.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead VMMC community demand creation activities.
- Ensure documentation of all surgical and follow-up procedures
- Ensure that circumcisions are carried out safely in accordance with agreed policies.
- Establish and implement a system to ensure technical quality of VMMC project activities
- Provide mentoring and capacity building to facility and cluster staff in specific areas of expertise in VMMC and quality assurance
- Support the formulation of innovative approaches for scale up of targeted in VMMC services emphasizing pivot age uptake of VMMC.
- Work with health care providers, local authorities, community members and project team members to identify service delivery issues that impede access to care and uptake of VMMC services
- Identify and implement appropriate facility- and community-based strategies to address VMMC service delivery gaps
- Identify training needs for clinical and community healthcare providers and assist in the design and implementation of measures to address those needs
- Work with M&E staff to design, implement a plan to track data/results related to VMMC to inform adjustments in project implementation
- Document successes, lessons learned and challenges in implementation as well as reports of VMMC project activities and results to the project and donor, including routine quarterly and annual reports and other reporting requirements as requested
- Document and maintain an inventory of successful tools and approaches for VMMC including QI projects
- Bachelor of Arts degree in social sciences or related qualification
- Formal training in counseling for SMC service provision.
- At least 3 years’ experience in providing VMMC services.
- Basic computer skills with emphasis to Microsoft office packages.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with a valid riding permit is an added advantage
- Must be willing to work in rural settings
Note: Due to urgency to fill these positions, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we reserve to close this advert before the confirmed closing date when we are in receipt of sufficient applications.
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online:
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 25th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.