Job Title: Behavioral Insights Coordinator – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 25 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict-affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and local communities. IRC Uganda has it country office in Kampala and regional offices in Kitgum Moroto, and Yumbe. The current program portfolio includes health, protection and rule of law, women’s protection and empowerment, and economic recovery and development programming
The Behavioral Insights Coordinator will help to project manage behaviorally informed products and services in IRC’s growing behavioral science portfolio addressing these pressing issues. They will have the opportunity to work within Airbel’s behavioral insights team to develop new behaviorally-informed products and services to improve outcomes for people affected by crisis, manage behavioral science research projects, and promote the application of behavioral insights across the IRC.
For example, a significant part of their responsibilities will be developing new behaviorally-informed products and services to improve learning outcomes for refugee children in East Africa and promoting the application of behavioral insights across the PlayMatters education project.
However, they will also have the opportunity to work with the other areas, such as teams addressing child malnutrition or climate resilient livelihoods, as well as with other innovative practice teams within Airbel Impact Lab, including Strategy, Research, Human Centred Design, among others. In addition to project management, this role will draw from disciplines as diverse as human-centered design, participatory research and testing, and agile / open source software development. This role requires a mix of operational, project management, design and research skills, and strong knowledge of behavioral science evidence and humanitarian issues.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Manage the design, development and launch of new behaviorally-informed solutions:
• Provide project management support across core projects, including project managing qualitative and quantitative research and prototyping; coordination between teams in HQ, country programs, technical experts and behavioral scientists; and providing day to day support operationalization behaviorally informed research activities.
• Provide strategic guidance and technical support on high-profile, multi-country projects, such as the PlayMatters project and others.
• Work collaboratively with the Behavioral Insights Lead, Behavioral Insights Advisor, the Airbel Impact Lab, IRC Technical Units, the PlayMatters Regional East Africa team, and distributed global IRC teams to gather relevant inputs, synthesize, and help develop new behaviorally-informed products and services to improve outcomes for people in crisis.
• Support questionnaire development and qualitative analysis; design behavioral intervention prototypes, and into small-scale RCTs to inform programming and decision-making.
• Lead the knowledge management of behavioral insights projects and resources. Openly share lessons and learnings from the field with the broader humanitarian, behavioral science, and social innovation communities; present and publish behavioral science research findings in academic journals and practitioner-focused outlets.
• Work collaboratively with the PlayMatters team, Airbel Impact Lab, technical and country program teams to gather relevant inputs, synthesize, and develop new behaviorally-informed products and services to improve outcomes for people in crisis
Identify the potential to apply behavioral science insights across IRC projects and enable teams to leverage behavioral insights in program design
• Support the IRC behavioral insights team and Airbel Impact Lab to identify behaviorally-informed research questions and areas of interest within the IRC’s organizational research and innovation priorities
• Promote, teach, and explain behavioral science concepts and techniques to project teams such as the PlayMatters project team, other IRC programs and technical unit staff.
• Serve as a behavioral insights resource to IRC staff seeking information, including revenue and advocacy departments; respond to field queries regarding behavioral science research and innovations and present findings in actionable terms
• Contribute to the development of behavioral science evidence reviews; co-develop behavioral science evidence products and organizational theories of change
2. Behavioral science partnership management and development
• Support engagement and building of IRC’s connections to behavioral science actors at a global, regional and national level – including academics, donors, other implementing organizations, behavioral science associations and inter-agency groups and foundations – working with the team to explore and grow avenues for partnership, collaboration and coordination
• Support and maintain effective coordination and long-term relationships with external behavioral science stakeholders, representing IRC, resolving issues, and promoting long-term strategy
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a discipline associated with behavioral science (economics, psychology, anthropology, ethnography, neuroscience, social sciences, public policy etc) or relevant work experience is required
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in managing or coordinating research or innovation projects with multiple stakeholders.
• Experience in the implementation of, and/or analyzing behavioral science qualitative research
• Demonstrated experience of project management, relationship management, and working with behavioral science projects
• Work experience in humanitarian setting or development contexts
• Strong synthesis skills and confidence distilling complex data into actionable insights
• Strong team collaboration skills; comfort working with researchers, frontline implementers, technical experts, clients, and other core staff
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels in a distributed, multicultural professional environment to motivate the uptake of behaviorally-informed solutions.
• Fluency in French, Spanish, Swahili and/or any other relevant languages spoken by the communities we work with.
• Demonstrated experience designing or running rapid randomized controlled trials (A/B testing or other nimble evaluations) and/or in rapid prototyping of new behavioral interventions and iterating them in response to successive rounds of feedback.
• Understanding of human-centered design, user testing, user story development, participatory action research, and other product development techniques
• Understanding of educational interventions, climate, and/or health interventions, and experience working on such projects particularly in humanitarian settings.
• Standard office work environment
• Potential to travel to IRC program locations up to 25% of the time
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Click here to apply
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.