Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Community Engagement and Complaints Management) – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Uganda
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Brief description of WFP in Uganda
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Karamoja with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
We are seeking a qualified individual for the position of Business Support Assistant- Community Engagement and Complaints Management to be based in Kyangwali Field Office. Selected candidates will be employed on Service Contract.
These jobs are found primarily in WFP Field based Offices, and job holders typically report to Programme Policy Officer or Programme Associate. The reporting lines may change depending on the size of the office.
At this level job holders are expected to take responsibility for completion of a range of processes and activities related to community engagement and complaints management that require some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. Job holders can recommend a course of action to staff at various levels in collaboration with key stakeholders.
The position is based in the Field Office (FO) and reports to the Programme Policy Officer/ Team Leader or his or her designate. The Business Support Assistant -Community engagement and Complaints Management position holder will coordinate and implement community engagement activities at WFP Field Office Level by providing direction and operational leadership of the organization in relation to marketing, public relations and communication for development in line with the APP.
Roles and responsibilities of UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Prepare weekly and monthly work plans.
- Responsible for supervising community relations activities and initiatives
- Oversees community engagement events internally and externally, including unit briefings & presentations to community organizations, and liaisons with community “champions”.
- Lead in community engagement and communication for development among PoCs and partners.
- Support in identifying issues arising from/needs of external parties; cooperating partners and other key partners and respond appropriately and escalate to management as applicable.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standards systems and files, to ensure information is readily and accurate available for the function.
- Coordinate with Senior communications Associate and Programme Associate on weekly community engagement plans and make travel arrangements for the teams in liaison with the admin unit.
- Support processing and managing routine administrative in various functional areas, to communicate to the effective and timely management of resources.
- Work closely with a variety of individuals in community engagement, taking on feed back where appropriate to assist in business support delivery of staff.
- Manage and keep updated a complaints & Feedback Mechanism (CFM) focal points network, send weekly status reports on complaints received and feedback given.
- Provide regular updates on complaints and feedback from PoCs and share with the team leader to share with Area Office, focal persons, management, and key partners.
- Respond to complaints and queries raised and escalate them where appropriate to management to provide timely and accurate feedback to Persons of concern
- Analyze, categorize, and consolidate information about complaints received and issues raised, interact with relevant units within WFP, and government to follow up on complaints
- Contribute to strengthening of partnerships at Satellite Office level by ensuring WFP is represented in community engagements organized by partners (in addition to the WFP organized)
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
Three years of working experience in a Field setting in community engagement and implementation of beneficiary feedback mechanism.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Business Support Assistant (Community Engagement & Complaints Management) job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Education, Rural development or any other related field, obtained from a recognized institution.
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 29th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.