Job Title: Monitoring Assistant G5 – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Uganda
UN World Food Programme (WFP) Profile:
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
Brief description of WFP in Uganda
WFP delivers food assistance in emergencies and work with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. WFP provides life-saving food assistance and livelihood opportunities to refugees in Uganda. In addition, WFP assists the most vulnerable people in Karamoja with food and nutrition assistance. Finally, WFP works with smallholder farmers and links them to markets.
As Uganda strives to achieve Zero Hunger by 2030 and become a middle-income country by 2040, WFP is also assessing its relevance and repositioning its role in Uganda.
The position is based in the Field Office (FO) and reports to the Programme Associate or his or her designate. The Monitoring Assistant will support the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) by taking responsibility for the completion of a range of processes and activities related to monitoring that requires some interpretation of standard guidelines/practices. The Monitoring Assistant will coordinate and perform monitoring activities within a specific coverage area and provide reports to support the effective delivery of assistance packages.
Roles and responsibilities of UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Lead in influencing the Districts to revise the Community Action Plans in line with the changing needs and advocate for adoption of the Community Action Plans by the Sub Counties, District and other players
- Strengthen the integrated approach to all WFP programmes; Nutrition, General Food Assistance and Agriculture Market Support in Kamwenge and Kyegegwa District and externally with other actors.
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of Asset Creation and Livelihood activities in the refugee settlement and in the host community in collaboration with Government (Office of the Prime Minister, District Local Governments), United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and other livelihood partners in the district.
- Contribute to Programme design, discussion, and documentation/proposal writing.
- Assist in the implementation of the APP, review achievements and constraints and provide feedback accordingly.
- Support in the synthesis of Asset Creation and Livelihood programme results and provide input into analysis.
- Provide programme operational support e.g. procurement and partnerships management
- Organize and conduct joint stakeholder monitoring and review meetings on the progress of ACL/livelihood activities.
- Contribute to the documentation of programme achievements and lessons learnt, human interest and success stories on the Asset Creation and Livelihood programme.
- Participate in joint weekly, monthly inter-agency coordination meetings with UN agencies, local governments and other stakeholders at refugee or field level to discuss issues related to Asset Creation and Livelihood programme and provide update on the progress.
- Conduct capacity needs assessments for District Local Governments and targeted beneficiaries and organize capacity strengthening initiatives.
- Maintain statistics/data on the supported beneficiaries in formats agreed by the Field Office
- Submit weekly and monthly reports highlighting progress on program implementation, gaps, and areas for support/follow up.
Qualifications for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
University degree or equivalent in one or more of the following disciplines: Economics, Agriculture, Agriculture economics, Social Sciences, Development Studies and humanities.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
- At least Four (4) or more years of progressively responsible work experience of implementing Asset Creation and Livelihood projectsComputer knowledge and skills in MS Word, MS Excel and MS Power point.
- Experience in livelihoods programming in a refugee context.
- Experience in implementing Cash for Work projects
- Demonstrated understanding of the Livelihood Conceptual framework
- Ability to collect and analyse programme output and outcome data and preparing various reports for management and stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and oral English is a requirement, and ability to speak and understand Kiswahili and Runyakitara will be an added advantage.
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 30th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.