Job Title: Corporate Affairs and Movit Foundation Officer – Movit Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Movit Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Corporate Communications Manager
Movit Uganda Profile:
Movit Products Ltd. Popularly known as Movit believes in the heritage of beauty and family across the globe. With this at the forefront, Movit delved into the manufacturing of quality body and hair care products and has been at it since 1999. Movit Products Ltd. Founded in Uganda by Birungi Simpson an Entrepreneur and leading industrialist was established in 1997 With the aim of building bridges to see that by the wake of the 21st century Beauty meets the African beauty heritage without distorting either. Movit is situated along Entebbe road. The plant seats 25 acres Approximately 101,175 square meters of land of which 12 acres Approximately 48,564 square meters are reserved for future expansion.
Movit Products Ltd activities since its inception have revolved around manufacturing and distribution of quality Body, hair care and baby care products. Currently, the Company has 6 brands, Movit, with Skin and Haircare products, Radiant established in 2012 with Hair Care Products, Skin guard with anti-bacterial Skincare products, Baby Junior with baby care, then NAN & PINE with body care products.
The Corporate Affairs and Movit Foundation Officer will support the Corporate Affairs team to execute Movit Products Communication and Stakeholder Engagement Strategy by implementing internal and external media-based Communication plans.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Developing and Implementing crisis management strategies to alleviate crisis
situations and maintain positive reputation.
• Coordinate with the allocated marketing agencies and the brand teams to develop CRS
plans to support the growth the Movit Products brand equity
• Prepare press releases, topical news items, in-house publications and all materials
meant for external engagements.
• Development and circulation of Movit Products company Publications like New letters,
and Annual activity reviews
• Regularly review trends in the Cosmetics sector space, publish relevant news articles,
blogs and social media articles to influence positive public opinion of Movit Products.
• Maintain positive relationships, network with media industry players to influence probusiness publications and coverage.
• Prepare, format and submit media content for publication in compliance with the
Movit Products Brand guidelines.
• Source and maintain knowledge of publication opportunities, organize Corporate
Affairs events such as press briefings, open days, tours and visits to improve Movit
Products relations with the Media.
• Carry out daily reviews of business-related stories and articles in the media, flag articles
for actioning through appropriate response to protect Movit Products’s image.
• Write pro-business pieces, edit and review company publications that positively
• Management of the company`s website www.movitproducts.com ensuring timely
content updates through coordination from the different support departments
• Management of Corporate social media platforms
Corporate Social Investments through the Movit Foundation
• Support the development and implementation of Corporate Social Investment
• Handle partnership and sponsorship requests.
• Promotes awareness of corporate social investments within Movit Products by
involving employees ensuring both the Leadership and workforce are informed,
involved, and understand the reasons and importance of CSI.
• Identifies proactive and corrective CSI initiatives and the resources required to
• Carry out appraisals, assessments and comprehensive critical surveys on the status of
the company activities current impact on stakeholders, environment and community
identifying negative impacts.
Working Relationship and work Environment:
● Working with the entire staff and functions in Movit Products Limited;
● Maintain good relations with key associates and company external stakeholders;
● Office based and ability to manage urgent demands;
● Ability to meet deadlines and exhibit a high degree of flexibility and versatility;
● Ability to work in a team.
Minimum Qualifications for Movit Uganda Jobs 2021
Bachelor’s degree in Degree in Mass Communication, Journalism or a related field
• A related post-graduate qualification is an added advantage.
• Possession of membership with CIPR or CIM is an added advantage.
• Must have at least 3 years’ work experience in Media and/or Public Relations
• Must have produced content that has been published by leading outlets.
• Understanding of or experience in the Cosmetics or FMCG Sector is desirable
• Strong writing skills
• Must have a network of business journalists.
• Knowledge of use of standard industry software e.g., publisher
• Understanding of digital media
• Must have an eye for news.
How To Apply for Movit Uganda Jobs 2021
• (Open Dates: 19th-26th July 2021)
• Please log on to our website https://movitproducts.com/careers
• Check details of the position you would like to apply for (Key Responsibilities and Job Specifications)
• Download the MPL Job Application Form, fill it and send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please quote the Name of the job title in the subject line.
Please note that while we thank all applicants for their interest in working with Movit Products Limited, Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 26th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.