Job Title: Fresher Finance Officer – CRVPF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Children’s Rights and Violence Prevention Fund (CRVPF)
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: CRVPF Executive Director
Children’s Rights and Violence Prevention Fund (CRVPF) Profile:
Children’s Rights and Violence Prevention Fund (CRVPF) is a child right and social justice regional intermediary organization based in Uganda whose mission is to provide grants and capacity development support to community organizations operating in four countries in East Africa: Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, and Kenya. CRVPF supports community institutions that work with children, adolescent girls, boys, and their families, communities, and schools to advance rights and prevent violence, sexual abuse, and sexual exploitation of children. CRVPF uses a cluster partnership model for grant making. The model encourages 2-5 Community Organizations and local NGOs to work in a cluster partnership using one grant to address children’s needs in one particular project area where children are at risk.
About the Youth and Capacity Development Program:
CRVPF is implementing a two-year program to build the capacity of 80 community organisations both CBOs and NGOs led by female and youth to respond to the challenges of COVID- 19 in refugee settlements, refugee host communities and adolescent girls living in slum communities. The program is targeting to reach 40,000 adolescent girls in slums and youth in refugee settlements by Dec 2022 and it’s in the second year of implementation.
The Finance Officer will work closely with the YCD Program Coordinator, The Finance and Grant Coordinator, the Finance and Administration Officer and the Executive Director. She/he will be responsible for financial review of the YCD program; reviewing partner financial reports; conducting due diligence visits to partners; conduct financial monitoring and evaluation of partners’ financial utilization and provide financial technical support to program partners. Finally prepare report for the donors with the YCD Program Coordinator and the Finance and Administration Officer.
Roles and responsibilities:
Financial Management Roles:
- Financial follow-up on reporting and internal compliance procedures for Youth and Capacity Development program partners
- Provide financial management and technical assistance to program partners
- Review monthly finance reports and accountabilities from partners and offer feedback where necessary
- Lead the drafting of monthly and quarterly finance reports to MasterCard Foundation
- Conduct due diligence visits focusing on financial processes, reporting and internal controls for partners.
- Make partner field visits along with the program coordinator to support and listen to the partners.
- Contribute to improving and implementing the finance due diligence check list.
- Ensure that partners implement action plans geared towards improving their financial management in line with CRVPF and MasterCard Foundation standards.
- Be part of the partner funds disbursement processes by writing finance related recommendations along with the Program and Grants Coordinators.
- Collaborate with the program coordinator to keep the partner funds utilization excel form updated on a monthly basis.
- Collaborate with the program coordinator to receive and approve biannual work plans and budgets
- Be part of partner organisational capacity development activities.
- Collaborate with the Finance and Administration Officer to file and scan all YCD and MasterCard Foundation related vouchers, receipts, invoices, funds disbursement etc.
- Contribute to the financial and grants management content/templates during the design and roll out of the CRVPF Management Information System.
- Be part of all relevant team meetings
- Be part of selected committees as maybe requested by the Executive Director
- Under take any other roles assigned the Executive Director.
- Be part of all donor meetings and other engagements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Accounting or Finance, Business Administration, economics or any relevant field from a recognized higher institution of learning
- Other accounting / professional qualifications are an added advantage
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar or higher position in a Non-Government Organization accustomed to Donor Financial Reporting modalities
- Excellent computer skills. As a minimum, this would include an advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel and other financial software is highly desired.
Additional Skills & Competencies:
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A good command of both written and spoken English
- Diligent and detail-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of safeguarding policies and principles or willingness to learn and comply with them
NB: We are looking for someone that shares our values and beliefs and is committed to transforming the lives of children and young people.
How To Apply for CRVPF Uganda Jobs 2021
All applications must include:
- A CV / resume
- A cover letter indicating your experience, interest, and contributions. Why you think you are suitable for the job, and your salary requirement (you must specify an actual amount and range); and No Phone calls Please.
The applicants are encouraged to send their relevant documents to the following e-mail addresses,
Closing Date: 15th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.