Job Title: Fresher Associate Engineer (Data & Technology) – Imagine Her Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Imagine Her
Duty Station: Wakiso
Responsible To: Lead Engineer
Reports To: Lead Engineer
Imagine Her Profile:
Imagine Her is a non-profit working to accessibly provide young vulnerable women and youth with a robust innovation skillset and essential resources to create sustainable social ventures and social impact in Uganda. We do this by providing tools and collaborating with communities as key advocates to prepare pathways for their socio-economic independence.
About Hello World Project:
As part of our work, we are implementing a Project dubbed Hello World for which we seek to fill some vacant positions. Project Hello World provides educational resources and Internet connectivity to isolated and vulnerable communities. We do this by building solar-powered, outdoor Internet kiosks— so that underprivileged children and adults can educate themselves, communicate with others, and have a voice in the global community. We do this by mobilizing communities to build Hello Hubs, solar-powered outdoor Internet kiosks, and state-of-the-art technology including high-quality solar panels, satellite connectivity, rugged, waterproof touch-screen screens, camera, and audio equipment. Hello Hubs are designed to withstand extreme outdoor weather and are energy-autonomous, which means that they can bring connectivity and education to even the most isolated communities.
As an Associate Engineer- Data and Technology, there will be a vast amount of data you work with on a day-to-day basis from our field team and great attention to detail is paramount to identify, manage and report any insights from the data to the management team. The Associate Engineer- Data and Technology will work alongside the Lead Engineer to streamline and build out the M&E system.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Data download, aggregation, cleaning, and upload from various sources to the central data repository.
- Identify data anomalies and report these to the tech lead
Web Portal Management
- Manage web portal updates both content and codebase.
- Oversee backup and recovery of the web portal.
- Manage the support tickets, dealing with L1 tickets, and escalating L2 and L3 tickets to the Lead Engineer
- Monitor infrastructure (servers ) to ensure minimal downtime
- Training in-house team on usage of the portal and prepare manuals on training guides for the in-house technical products
- Work with the community and Uganda team to build hello hubs across the country.
- Prepare regular reports
Minimum Qualifications for Imagine Her Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate must hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree in the related field. Required
- At least two years of related work experience
- Experience with SQL: writing and deploying SQL queries
- Experience with web technologies – HTML, CSS, JS: Updating and maintaining the portal codebase
- Experience with Excel: vast experience with base analytics in excel before data migrations
- Experience with data analytics programs: Metabase, Microsoft BI, Tableau
- Experience with content management systems eg drupal 9
- User interface and interaction design with a great eye for detail.
- Experience with current technology trends eg Git, AWS, Google workplace
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
Imagine Her is a small nonprofit organization that believes in leveraging the power and potential of every girl, woman, and youth to create sustainable futures and communities. Our model was developed to empower girls, women, and youth holistically to improve their lives and communities. We have very limited resources and staff. Each member of our team is working towards realizing our mission by dedicating their time and skills through a wholehearted commitment to it. As a result, we are equally dedicated to those who work with us.
We’re looking for someone who can get their sleeves rolled up and their hands dirty. Someone who is kept up at night trying to find answers to the world’s most intractable problems and willing to make some errors along the way. We need an individual willing to share what they know and learn as they go – not afraid to take a step back and think around a problem. We’re looking for an expert with drive and heart. And we need someone who can do all those things, in some of the hardest places, and still have a lot of fun.
Things We’ll Bring To The Table:
- A passionate and welcoming working environment in a small, fast-paced NGO
- Building your capacity in all areas of your work
How To Apply for Imagine Her Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified candidates should submit updated CVs and cover letters to email@example.com
Closing Date: 30th July 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.