Job Title: Fresher Diploma Human Resources Administrative Assistant – US Embassy Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: US Embassy Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
US Embassy Uganda Profile:
The United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Natalie E. Brown currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Peace Corps
The Human Resources Administrative Assistant is responsible for all the section’s filling ,scanning and storage (both electronic and hardcopy) of official documentation for American and LE Staff personnel records including personnel action cables, individual subject matter letters, assignment notification cables, travel orders, and any other personnel information as needed following guidance included on 3 FAH-1 H-2350. In coordination with HRO and HRS, organizes the electronic HR shared folder files and deletes old information so that documentation can be retrieved promptly. Incumbent creates subject files for reports such as LCPs, salary surveys, policies, E&L statements, classification reports and shreds as required. Is responsible for managing the HR archives by creating and maintaining databases with titles and properly kept HR correspondences for easy future access. Carries out file weeding, maintenance and updates including file census. Retires files as is required by regulations.
Is responsible for tracking and filing of performance evaluation reports and work development plans for all LE Staff according to the Performance Management Policy. Files evaluation reports for family members and sends original and a copy to AF Bureau EFM Coordinator for processing.
Roles and responsibilities:
Clerical Support of Recruitment: 30%
- In coordination with the HR Specialist, the incumbent daily monitors the application inbox and empties it; it including saving applications in the relevant folders. Prepares folders with the original vacancy announcement, screened applications plus tracker for the PRC to shortlist. Coordinates interview dates and conference rooms. Enters visitor’s access requests so that applicants can access the building. Assist to proctor tests given to candidates considered for employment.
- Creates new personnel files as new employees are hired, to include one for performance management.
- Follows up with medical unit and RSO on status of clearances when delays occur.
- Prepares a welcome pack for the new LE staff and organises the new employees OPF ready for boarding.
Administrative support: 20%
- Maintains and updates HR forms and makes sure they are available to all staff either electronically or hard copies as may be needed including Request for Work Permits, Change of address, Designation of beneficiary forms, etc.
- Coordinates HR section’s requests for supplies, motor pool, and procurement of adverts in newspapers.
- Collects interoffice mail and drop offs as needed, prepares official outgoing pouch and DHL documents to be sent to Washington or other locations.
- May be required to provide backup to the HR Assistants during lunch breaks, illnesses, vacations and other absences from the office. Performs any other duties as assigned.
- The ideal applicant for the United States US Embassy Human Resources Administrative Assistant job must hold a Diploma studies in Human Resources, Public Administration, Management or Administration
- Two years of clerical or administrative work in a busy office is required.
- Must have good working knowledge of general office procedures and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs such as Excel, Word, Power Point, and Outlook. Knowledge of general HR Regulations and policies , Records management and procedures
- Level IV English ability is required. Level III (good working knowledge) in Luganda, Lusoga, Acholi or Lunyakitara is required. This may be tested.
- Must have strong computer skills. Ability to use personal computers and other office equipment such as scanners, shredders, and copy machines is required. This may be tested.
How To Apply for US Embassy Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 3rd August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.