Job Title: Fresher Supply Chain Assistant – DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Danish Refugee Council Uganda
Duty Station: Adjumani
Reports to: Project Manager (Project Support)
Danish Refugee Council Uganda Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Support in fleet, assets and Inventory management and logistics.
Roles and responsibilities of DRC Uganda Jobs 2021:
- Ensure that all repairs, service and maintenance performed on vehicles / equipment / machinery are in accordance to required standards established to achieve maximum reliability with minimum downtime and at best value for money.
- Monitor fuel consumption for the DRC fleet i.e., vehicles and motorcycles and generators. This will be done through ensuring monthly calculations of fuel consumption.
- Prepare, and maintain all maintenance and fuel consumption reports for vehicles, motorcycles and generators and share with Roving Procurement and Logistics Officer on monthly basis.
- Drive the assigned vehicle in a correct and sensible manner in adherence to weather and road conditions at all times. Adhere to the maximum speed limits for DRC vehicles – 50km/h on a dirt road, 100km/h on a tarmac. When the road conditions are poor, drive as slowly as necessary to facilitate safe passage to the passengers and ensure no damage to the vehicle.
- Ensure vehicle in use templates, insurances and list of authorized DRC drivers are in place and updated.
- Ensure that all DRC vehicles and motorcycles are fitted with the minimum vehicles’ accessories and report shortfalls to supervisor on time.
- Coordinate staff movement plans.
- Assist in the Preparation of Purchase orders, attach relevant documentation and submit for authorization.
- Support Supply Chain Officer in raise Payment Request for all payments to suppliers for goods and services received, submit payment request to Finance Officer or Supply Chain Manager for review and subsequent approval by Project Manager, Project Support, and Country Director
- Follow up payment with Finance and give feedback to suppliers who call in.
- Enforce a zero-tolerance policy regarding corruption and contribute to ensuring complaints are recorded and investigated appropriately, in line with the DRC Code of Conduct and Accountability Framework.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain Officer and Manager to ensure that all issues are reported and solutions are realized as the issues arise.
- Educate suppliers on DRC supply chain regulations and government requirements, and ensure suppliers deliver the correct goods and request technical certification by DRC expert staff
- Send out RFQs with supplier code of conduct and ensure suppliers’ sign.
- Other duties assigned
Warehousing and stores management
- Responsible for receiving the procured supplies, dispatching to field offices with waybills, monitoring stock level of Adjumani office stationery, kitchen and office supplies and consumables.
- Responsible for ensuring that periodic physical stock counts are done on quarterly basis to prevent stock discrepancy as well as monitoring expiring dates of in stock supplies.
- Will maintain and update stock records and inventory.
Inventory and asset management:
- Responsible for monthly updating of inventory and asset list and submit to Procurement and Logistics Officer.
- Responsible for consistent tagging of DRC assets immediately after procurement.
- Conduct bi-annual physical asset verification and submit the report to the logistic
Qualifications for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- With at least 1 -3-years work experience in relevant field INGO or other agencies experience in Supply Chain management.
- Proven ability in the implementation of large-scale logistics and programs with large-scale procurement requirements.
- High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
- Highly motivated, results-oriented, and with well-developed problem-solving skills.
- Ability to cope with heavy workloads and to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills Excellent analytical and negotiation skills.
- Proven commitment to accountability practices.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with limited supervision
- Knowledge of computers: word processing, database management packages.
- Degree in Supply Chain/Procurement/Logistics Management.
- Over 1 -3 years of post-graduate related work experience.
- Experience working in international NGOs.
- Excellent Communication skills in English required.
- Knowledge of Madi, Lugbara, Luo, Arabic and other local languages widely spoken in Northern Uganda is an advantage.
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 6th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.