Job Title: Junior Procurement Officer – GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: GIZ Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Reports to: Head Procurement and Contracts
Contract duration: 2 Years with the possibility of extension
Ref. No G12 – CO/PO/072153
GIZ Uganda Profile:
The CEAP Programme is implemented on behalf of the Government of Uganda, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), The BMZ’s German Climate Technology Fund (DKTI), the multilateral partnership “Energising Development” (EnDev), the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) and the European Union.
CEAP supports the Ugandan Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development in:
- Formulation of energy policy, improvement of market structures for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency technologies, and energy efficiency promotion among medium and large-scale consumers of energy, decentralize energy at district level.
- Promotion of access to energy, especially for rural areas.
- And support to East Africa’s Governments and the private sector to mitigate Climate Change through carbon market promotion.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managing procurement of material, goods, services and works for the GIZ Country Office, Programs/Projects according to GIZ rules and regulations.
- Keeping of experts and/or programs/projects informed of the status of procurement in the weekly status report.
- Effective coordination with colleagues of the Department.
Procurement and Contracts
- Manage the tender process for various categories and ensure compliance to the bid terms and conditions as per GIZ Guidelines Review of Specifications/ Terms of Reference with key stakeholders.
- Managing supplier evaluations and coordination of the evaluation committee.
- Preparation of Contracts, orders for review by the authorized signatories.
- Manage the procurement archive/Files by ensuring proper referencing and keeping up to date procurement files for each procurement disposal carried out as per GIZ guidelines.
- Keeps database on suppliers/providers and conducts regular search for alternatives.
- Build Public relations with customers and suppliers through drafting and sending approved notifications or regret letters.
- Prepare tender reports and obtain signoffs/Approval of senior management.
- Advises suppliers of defective goods delivered and arranges necessary follow-ups.
- Checks suppliers’ / consultants’ invoices, delivery notes and any other relevant documents verifies them/submits them for payment.
- Encodes required information on procurements and contracts into Prosoft/Cosoft.
- Procurement and disposal management of GIZ Country Office fixed assets.
- Managing procurement files and ensures completeness of files in DMS tiles.
- Generate cosoft/prosoft report monthly to have all files completed contracts closed in SAP.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Minimum Qualifications for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement Logistics Management or Business administration.
- At least 3 years of professional working experience in a similar post
- Excellent knowledge of procurement procedures and contract management.
- Demonstrable capacity for self-organization and the ability to take the initiative with minimal supervision.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, Internet) and standard computer programmes (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed with corresponding measures to be agreed with management.
- High degree of self-motivation and team spirit.
- Straight-forward communication and proficiency in English language.
How To Apply for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
All Interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to email@example.com Applications and CVs should be in one Document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include the name and contact of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. Please note. This is a national position, Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 8th August 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.