Job Title: Communications and Reporting Officer – ILF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Lifeline Fund Uganda
Duty Station: Lira
International Lifeline Fund Uganda Profile
International Lifeline Fund (Lifeline) is a registered nongovernmental organization in Uganda, with project offices in Lira, Apac and Moroto. Lifeline has been doing humanitarian and development work in Uganda since 2006 through its Environment and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene Programs.
The Communications and Reporting Officer will support our internal and external communications strategy needed to fulfill Lifeline’s reporting, fundraising and outreach goals. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, effective storyteller with a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key internal and external stakeholders. The Communications and Reporting Officer reports to the Business Development Director in connection with the Global Communications Officer and collaborates regularly with country office program team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the WASH and Environment Program Managers to document impact stories (photography, videography, written, and audio testimonies) from project communities.
- Lead the drafting of periodic project reports, newsletters, and media articles.
- Update & document organizational policies with relevant manager.
- Review and provide inputs to different reports.
- Standardize Lifeline’s internal communication tools & protocols.
Social Media & Community Outreach
- Contribute to and implement a communications strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation, in coordination with the Global Communications Lead. Primary platforms include Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Research and write press releases and content for the company website, infographics, blogs and routine organization newsletters.
- In coordination with the Global office, develop and disseminate public relations materials that increase Lifeline’s visibility among stakeholders. For example, create 1-pagers and project briefs for a variety of audiences (industry peers, funding partners, web audiences, etc.).
- Implement the style guide, ensuring the production of high-quality and error-free copy.
- Work with key internal stakeholders to brainstorm content ideas, in line with Lifeline’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Coordinate external messaging and responses to media inquiries with the Country Director and WASH and Environment Program Managers, who serve as the primary spokespeople for the organization at the Uganda country level.
- Contribute to and implement fundraising campaigns developed with the Global Communications Lead. Assist with hosting webinars and preparing slide presentations and other conference materials, as needed.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings, educational sessions, annual staff retreats, and other team activities as part of the Administrative/ Development team.
- Ensure Lifeline’s marketing content is aligned with our brand standard and messaging. Assist Lifelines social enterprises (EcoEnergy and EverFlow) marketing campaigns, as needed.
- Maintain digital media archives, including photos, videos, and written stories.
- Collaborate with the Director of Business Development to contribute relevant content to proposals and concept notes, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in Mass Communications, Journalism, or other related field demonstrating creativity and storytelling capabilities.
- A minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in a communications role. Understanding of communications, public relations and marketing best practices is an added advantage.
- Strong English writing and editing skills with the ability to analyze and synthesize written materials.
- Proven ability to work independently and within a diverse team and across departments.
- A keen interest in working directly with rural and refugee communities to elevate their stories and perspectives. Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required.
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, organized and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects and tasks while meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, content management systems and social media platforms.
- Photography, video editing, and web design skills are a plus.
How To Apply for ILF Uganda Jobs 2021
Note: To apply, please submit your Cover letter, Resume with four referrers, academic credentials and 2 writing samples (one page each) in English as one PDF file to Babra@lifelinefund.org and HR@lifelinefund.org. This position is only for Ugandan nationals. If you have a visual portfolio of previous communications work, please feel free to submit this, as well. ILF is an equal opportunity employer.
Due to urgent need to fill this position, shortlisting may take place before the advertisement deadline. We appreciate your application. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within the closing date, we regret that your application has been unsuccessful.
Deadline: 13th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.