Job Title: Fresher Data Analyst – SafeBoda Uganda Jobs 2021
Job Location: Kampala, Ibadan or Remote
At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Currently based in Kampala, Uganda, and Ibadan, Nigeria, we are a venture-funded company that is already having a huge impact on millions of people in East and West Africa.
The BI & Analytics team at SafeBoda is at the heart of decision-making across the business. The team’s core focus is to provide business data and meaningful insights across all areas of the business. As well as developing self-service reports and dashboards, our Data Analysts act as thought partners to each area of the business, providing them with crucial insights and support with experimentations to determine strategy. The ideal data analyst will have had 2 – 5 years of practical experience in data visualizations, analytics, BI tools, and impact evaluation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Becoming an expert in the data model and the data needs of specific parts of the business.
- Ensuring stakeholders have access to all their operational data needs and have accurate and up-to-date metrics.
- Using visualization to provide a storyboard of the learnings from historical trends, user behavior, and product insights.
- Working with departments across the organization to measure the impact and efficiency of new products and business processes.
You must have:
- BS/BA or higher in quantitative fields such as statistics, math, computer science, engineering, or related disciplines.
- 2 – 5 years of experience as a data analyst.
- Experience with writing database queries in PostgreSQL.
- Ability to build dashboards and visualizations in Microsoft Power BI, Python, Tableau, Metabase, and/or Google Sheets.
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills with a passion toward action and a get things done attitude.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Including the ability to communicate complex analytical insights to non-technical audiences in a clear and compelling way.
- Live the SafeBoda values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Advanced knowledge of experimentation and statistical methods is a plus.
- Ability to automate data tasks using advanced programming languages like Google App Script or Python is a plus
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Contribute to our mission and work at our dynamic and fast-paced company in Africa
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Free SafeBoda transport
- Free lunch every day
How To Apply for SafeBoda Uganda Jobs 2021
Come join us! Please email your resume and a cover letter explaining why you believe you are a good fit for the role to email@example.com with “Data Analyst Application” as the subject.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.