Job Title: Senior Elixir Back End Developer – SafeBoda Uganda Jobs 2021
Job Location: Flexible
Motorcycle taxis are immensely popular and serve as the lifeblood of many cities in Africa, but they are extremely unsafe and disorganized. At the click of a button, SafeBoda provides a safe, more convenient, mobile-first transportation platform for Africa’s booming young population. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, SafeBoda is providing value to consumers, our drivers, and passengers, with additional financial services, payments, as well as Food deliveries to keep Africa moving forward.
Based in Uganda and Nigeria, we are a venture-funded Series B company that is already having a huge impact on millions of people in our markets. We have a passionate and highly engaged team based in East Africa and we are looking to quickly grow it to speed-up the organization’s growth and make sure we can revolutionize transportation and cities.
At SafeBoda we always try to work with the latest technology and we are obsessed with the user experience. We follow agile methodologies in a team split into 3 main products: Mobile Apps for drivers, passengers, and partners (merchants, agents & vendors), and a Company Admin Portal.
Roles and Responsibilities
SafeBoda is hiring for a Senior Elixir Backend Developer. In this role, you will be expected to perform the following.
- You will participate as a senior developer in all phases of the software development lifecycle, from design, implementation, documentation, & testing.
- You will determine and design system specifications & standards.
- You will investigate, analyze, and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades, and modifications.
- You will develop features across multiple subsystems including collaboration in requirements definition, prototyping, design, coding, testing, and deployment.
- You will mentor more junior teammates on best practices and troubleshooting.
- You will assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements, development of user stories, and estimates.
- You will design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- You will analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- You will package and support the deployment of releases.
It is a plus if you have experience working with a microservices architecture as we are currently migrating our legacy back-end application from PHP to Elixir and breaking the monolith into Elixir applications.
Minimum Qualifications for SafeBoda Uganda Jobs 2021
Desired Technical Skills
- Strong knowledge of the back-end technical stack, (Database, and backend services), proven by years of software development experience.
- Experience with distributed systems, architectural patterns/styles, design patterns.
- +3 years of experience in Elixir (or Erlang), particularly using OTP.
- Solid understanding of OTP and BEAM
- Desirable experience with Phoenix, Plug, and Ecto.
- SQL and NoSQL knowledge
- Demonstrated experience producing readable and testable code
- Have extensive experience working hands-on in an agile environment
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high-quality code
- Familiarity with continuous integration
Desired Personal Skills
- Critical thought, analytical thinking, and good communication skills
- Capacity to work with members of the team working in different countries
- Good organizational and time management abilities
- Great attention to detail and a results-driven approach
- Willing to go above and beyond; we would like someone who wants everything under control and wants to try all the different possibilities that can happen
- An attitude of accountability and knowledge-sharing. You enjoy reviewing others’ code and sharing your knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Empathy, respect, and a big sense of humor; we are people before engineers
- English communication skills
- Remote working
- A passionate, inspirational, and aspirational team→ Teamwork is in our core values
- Grow yourself -At SafeBoda, learning is a habit. We empower people and we want you to grow with us. Tell us the areas you wish to improve in and if it makes sense for the business, we’ll do what we can to help you do just that
- Flexible work hours – We’re pretty ﬂexible when it comes to managing workload and time. It’s about delivery!
- Be part of a passionate team that is changing the mobility landscape in Africa and it’s improving millions of lives
- Opportunity to travel to East Africa and interact with the product and our multi-cultural team
- Community – we started as a small community of Boda drivers and we never forget this. We share lunch together and we care about our community of staff, drivers, entrepreneurs, and customers.
- Innovation – We challenge the status-quo and believe that positive change is possible. We bring solutions that constantly require us to think out of the box.
- Transparency – We are open-minded in what we do. We have candor and share our experiences openly without fear of judgment. We love feedback on our product and on our own personal performance so that we can improve every day.
- Safety – if we don’t care about safety ourselves, then how can we change our industry for the better?
- Trust – we expect customers to trust our drivers and entrepreneurs, so we need to trust one and another in everything we do.
- Integrity – We hold ourselves to the highest standard and we are accountable for our actions. We deliver what we say we will deliver.
- Collective Commitment – teams and entrepreneurs are allowed to disagree while a decision is being made, however, once a decision has been made, everybody must commit to it. “I agree and I commit, I disagree and I commit”.
How To Apply for SafeBoda Uganda Jobs 2021
Send an email to email@example.com attaching your CV.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.