Job Title: Fresher Temporary Legal Officer (Regulation and Compliance) – NITA Jobs 2021
Organization: National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Regulation and Compliance
National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) Profile:
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) is an autonomous statutory body established under the NITA-U Act 2009, The Authority is under the general supervision of the Ministry of Information Communications Technology and National Guidance (MOICT&NG). The National Information Technology Authority, Uganda was established with a mandate to coordinate, promote and monitor the development of IT in the context of social and economic development of Uganda.
The Temporary Legal Officer, Regulation and Compliance will support the Manager Regulation and Compliance in rendering services to the Authority and its stakeholders in accordance with the National Information Technology Authority, Uganda Act, 2009 and other relevant Laws in force.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Participate in various activities pertaining to ensuring compliance with national regulatory requirements, business best practices including but not limited to quality systems auditing, inspections and field corrective actions;
- Conduct compliance assessments for the Authority, Government entities and the private sector on IT laws and Standards and prepare reports highlighting emerging issues and potential risks in order to identify strengths and control weaknesses and the plan for remedial action;
- Develop an annual Compliance Plan and design templates and tools to facilitate the achievement of effective compliance assessments;
- Participate in stakeholder engagements on awareness and sensitization of IT legislation;
- Prepare responses to stakeholder inquiries, claims and complaints in accordance with the laws in force in Uganda;
- Conduct research on the legal and regulatory regime, and identify emerging industry trends and prepare concept papers and suggest changes to policies and procedures to improve the legal environment for the regulation of the IT sector in Uganda;
- Review existing laws and advise on the amendments that are required for the effective regulation of the IT sector;
- Review the NITA-U Act and draft an implementation plan for the effective delivery of NITA’s mandate;
- Conduct benchmarking research and propose policies that have successfully been implemented in other countries by bodies like NITA;
- Regularly update DRLS library resources or database;
- Liaison and collaboration with all relevant government ministries and departments including Solicitor General, DPP, AG, PPDA, Uganda Police with respect to legal and regulatory matters;
- Provide secretarial services at stakeholder engagements and internal meetings or as otherwise assigned;
- Perform any other duties, which may be assigned from time to time;
Minimum Qualifications for NITA Jobs 2021
- The applicant for the National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) Temporary Legal Officer, Regulation and Compliance job placement must hold an Honours degree in Law with a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice is essential;
- Must be enrolled as an advocate;
- Computer literacy is a must.
- A minimum one year of experience in direct work within a large or busy legal or regulatory environment;
- Experience in arbitration and or mediation will be an added advantage;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Information Technology (IT) laws and practices.
- Good analytical skills;
- Knowledge of changing and international regulation;
- Ability to produce results with minimal supervision and handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Soft skills like presentation, and listening skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
How To Apply for NITA Jobs 2021
All interested applicants who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form, Download Here, with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts. No application will be accepted without a duly completed and signed standard application form (referred to above).
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted. Any form of solicitation, influence peddling and or any other “backdoor” attempt, of whatsoever nature, to influence the selection process in one’s favour, will automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate without any recourse.
Closing Date: 3rd August 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.