Job Title: Fresher Temporary Consumer Affairs Officer – NITA Jobs 2021
Organization: National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Manager Regulation and Compliance
Directorate: Directorate of Regulation and Legal Services
Department: Regulation and Compliance
Salary Grade: N7
Jobs that report to this role: N/A
National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) Profile:
The National Information Technology Authority-Uganda (NITA-U) is an autonomous statutory body established under the NITA-U Act 2009, The Authority is under the general supervision of the Ministry of Information Communications Technology and National Guidance (MOICT&NG). The National Information Technology Authority, Uganda was established with a mandate to coordinate, promote and monitor the development of IT in the context of social and economic development of Uganda.
Responsible for supporting the implementation of policies and processes for consumer protection; monitoring compliance with consumer protection laws; facilitating the resolution of issues between providers and consumers; interfacing with customers on their concerns and coordinating the timely resolution thereof and facilitating consumer awareness activities.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support review and implementation of framework to empower and protect consumers;
- Development and implementation of a standard consumer complaints reporting and resolution mechanism/system;
- Coordinate with all relevant stakeholders, such as, NITA-U Helpdesk, communications department and Government Citizen Interaction Centre to coordinate the timely resolution of raised IT consumers and suppliers concerns.
- Liaison and collaboration with Centre for Arbitration and Dispute Resolution to facilitate mediation and arbitration of disputes between providers and consumers of IT products, services and solutions.
- Plan and execute outreach programmes to enhance consumer awareness to the public on the existing consumer protection laws;
- Initiate and establish collaboration with consumer associations in the implementation of consumer related activities;
- Produce consumer service performance reports based on standardized reporting formats namely quarterly, bi-annually and annually;
- Monitor IT providers’ compliance with consumer protection laws and NITA-U’s adherence with the Environmental and Social Impact laws, policies and regulations for planned and ongoing infrastructure projects;
- Conduct research on the legal and regulatory regime, and identify emerging industry trends and suggest changes to policies and procedures to improve regulation and compliance in the Sector;
- Perform any other duties, which may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications for NITA Jobs 2021
Education (Level of Education and Qualifications)
- Bachelor of Laws (Hon) degree;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from Law Development Centre (LDC);
- Valid High Court Practising Certificate.
Experience (Specific type of experience required)
- At least one (1) years’ experience in handling consumer centric activities in busy firm or large organisation.
Technical Expertise (Job specific competencies, experience and skills)
- Knowledgeable about the IT sector in Uganda; and
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge.
Nature and Scope
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to establish rapport with consumers;
- Confident; and
- Very good interpersonal skills, highly professional and performance oriented.
- Level of responsibility: No direct supervision of others.
How To Apply for NITA Jobs 2021
All interested applicants who meet the job requirements/specifications and with the right personal attributes are invited to complete and submit their application form, Download Here, with a cover letter, supported by curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and testimonials, and must specify day time telephone contact, postal and email addresses of both the applicant and three referees, to the address below.
The Executive Director,
National Information Technology Authority – UGANDA (NITA-U),
Palm Courts, Plot 7A, Rotary Avenue (former lugogo bypass)
P.O. Box 33151, Kampala-Uganda
Or via email: email@example.com (application must not exceed 10MBs)
Applicants must also submit with their application verifiable evidence supporting previous relevant appointments such as appointment letters and employment contracts. No application will be accepted without a duly completed and signed standard application form (referred to above).
NB: Only successful candidates will be contacted. Any form of solicitation, influence peddling and or any other “backdoor” attempt, of whatsoever nature, to influence the selection process in one’s favour, will automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate without any recourse.
Closing Date: 3rd August 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.