Job Title: Fresher Administrative Assistant – EDC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Education Development Center (EDC)
Location: Hoima, Uganda
Education Development Center (EDC) Profile:
Education Development Center (EDC) is a global nonprofit that advances lasting solutions to improve education, promote health, and expand economic opportunity, with a focus on vulnerable and under-served populations. Since 1958, we have been a leader in designing, implementing, and evaluating powerful and innovative programs in more than 80 countries around the world.
EDC promotes equity and access to high-quality education and health services and products that contribute to thriving communities where people from diverse backgrounds learn, live, and work together. We support an inclusive workplace culture that embraces many perspectives and broadens our understanding of the communities we serve, enhancing and enriching our work.
EDC is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
The goal of the five-year, USAID-funded Integrated Child and Youth Development (ICYD) Activity is for Ugandan children and youth, especially the most vulnerable, to receive the support and services necessary to lead resilient, healthy, and productive lives. The ICYD Activity is expected to achieve the following:
- Children and youth have improved learning outcomes;
- Children and youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environments; and
- Youth practice positive behaviors and are able to make informed decisions about their lives and relationships.
Working in partnership with Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) and Ministry of Gender, Labor and Social Development (MGLSD), district and zonal officials, and other Ugandan government and civil society partners, ICYD will comprise a series of activities to: support improved basic education for Ugandan children; address school-related and gender-based violence; facilitate enhanced child protection and support for vulnerable youth; provide support to HIV-affected orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and their caregivers/families; and support HIV care and treatment outcomes in close collaboration with clinical and community structures. ICYD will also contribute to improved systems within the MoES and MGLSD to promote Early Grade Reading (EGR) and child protection.
The Administrative Assistant will support general administrative and clerical support including preparing letters and documents, receiving and sorting mail and deliveries, scheduling appointments. The successful candidate will be required to work with cross-functional teams within the organization across the country. This is a full-time position based in Hoima, Uganda. *This is a Zonal position. Applicants based in the district or neighboring districts of the respective ICYD Zonal office should apply.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports general administrative and clerical support including preparing letters and documents, receiving and sorting mail and deliveries, scheduling appointments;
- Photocopy, scan and fax documents as necessary;
- Maintain up to date tracking and filing system of relevant correspondence, incoming and outgoing;
- Manage the telephone and fax systems and notify any failure or problems to the supervisor for remedial action;
- Receive and attend to, in a professional manner, all office visitors;
- Manage the official Notice Board and display official communications and promotional information in an attractive manner;
- Maintain the boardroom calendar;
- Serve as a back-up to the Office Assistant in the management of the stock of office supplies and ensure delivery to staff using the appropriate forms or documents;
- Make logistical arrangements for in-house meetings (meals, conference room bookings, supplies etc.);
- Actively participates in Collaborative, Learning and Adapting (CLA) processes in place within the project; and
- Other tasks and duties relevant to the position as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Minimum of a Secondary School Certificate. Certificate/Diploma in HRM, LGM or BA or other diploma or degree in a related field will be preferred.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Should have professional demeanor;
- Excellent English skills (oral and written);
- Ability to demonstrate highest degree of confidentiality;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team-oriented setting;
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment, fax, scanner and photocopier;
- Demonstrated experience using Microsoft Office Suite applications including Excel, Word, and Power Point preferred. Computer literacy is required;
- Must be able to work within a cross cultural setting, negotiate diplomatically, and function well under pressure;
- Flexibility in working hours and ability to work under pressure.
- Fluency in English is required.
How To Apply for EDC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 14th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.