Job Title: Social Worker – Hashtag Gulu Jobs 2021
Organization: Hashtag Gulu
Duty Station: Uganda
Hashtag Gulu Profile
Hashtag Gulu was founded on the to welcome and build confidence among members of the community especially those looked at as troublemakers.
We are looking for a compassionate social worker to help serve the communities that we have a presence in by assisting our clients that are affected by issues such as neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, alcoholism, substance abuse, mental health, and parental substance abuse. You will be in charge of assessing clients and gathering relevant
information about their cases, providing crisis intervention, and contacting and making referrals to health facilities as well as other partners and services. A key to succeeding in this role is the ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset. You should also be aware of others’ reactions and understand why they react as they do.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support and participate in the supervision of the timely and efficient planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities
- Support clients in receiving services
- Get clients involved in beneficial activities
- Assess clients and gather relevant information as well as offer information and support clients and their families
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports
- Participate in training, supervision, and meetings
- Watch out for signs of alcohol and substance abuse, violence physical and mental health
- Conduct physical, mental and sexual reproductive health awareness and support referrals
- Support conflict and violence survivors to cope and improve their livelihoods.
- Visit clients, assess their needs and support mediation
- Liaise with relatives, guardians, colleagues and other professional
- The ideal candidate must hold a Degree in psychology, social works or related field and demonstrable work experience in a similar role
- Experience working with clients that are affected by issues including neglect, child abuse, violence, mental health, alcohol and substance abuse
- Fluency in English, Acholi language and familiarity with Gulu District is an added advantage
- Ability to judge the relative costs and benefits of potential social services and health care actions and chose the most appropriate one
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as basic computer skills i.e., MS Office
- Willingness to work with people from all walks of life
- A valid riding/driving license is an added advantage
How To Apply for Hashtag Gulu Jobs 2021
All interested candidates who meet the above criteria should send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 11th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.