Job Title: Fresher Supply Chain Assistant (Warehouse) – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Moroto, Uganda
Reports to: Supply Chain Officer
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Reporting to the Supply Chain Officer, the Supply Chain Assistant (Warehouse) will be responsible for ensuring the overall care and maintenance of the Moroto Warehouse. The Supply Chain Assistant must be able to rapidly turn Program materials around, whilst ensuring the security/ safety of the materials and maintaining audit-compliant records.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard IRC inventory management policies and procedures.
- Manage and document the receipt, handling, storage, dispatch, transfer, return, and reporting of goods through the IRC ERP (Integra).
- Advise the Supply Chain Officer of potential inventory shortages.
- Manage casual laborers in the warehouse.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse building(s), fittings and equipment.
- Implement and ensure clear safety procedures.
- Implement and ensure clear loading / unloading procedures, correct stacking, and turnover (FIFO) procedures.
- Advise the Supply Chain Officer of warehouse-specific issues or improvements.
- Ensure the stores are clean and always organized
- Maintain the Warehouse activity book recording all outgoing and incoming receipts and activities.
- Update as per IRC requirements, the Asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce monthly reports.
Goods Reception and Transport
- Assist in receiving all supplies.
- Keep an accurate and up-to-date record of the store contents and inward and outward movement of goods in the warehouse register or stock cards.
- Responsible for arranging and overseeing the air transportation of goods in accordance with IRC procedures.
- Prioritize dispatch needs in conjunction with program.
- Prioritize road transport in coordination with the program department and field sites.
- Supervise truck loading and documentation follow up.
Warehousing and Inventory
- Monitor security of IRC’s storage and supplies.
- Receive completed store’s request forms and prepare the goods for issuance.
- Ensure goods, equipment is signed for received on the request form (office expendables) or waybill (all other items).
- Prepare a monthly report for the expendables store outlining all stock movements and remaining balances.
- On a monthly basis, work with the Supply Chain Officer to reconcile the Warehouse register in the Asset tracking sheet and equipment issuance forms.
- Update the stock record cards regularly.
- Conduct routine inventory inspection and submit report to the Supply Chain Officer in a timely manner.
Compliance and Ethics
- Provide consistent and constructive support to other departments to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Identify and report Warehouse red flags,
- Implement internal and external audit corrective action plans (CAPs)
- Prepare and submit accurate timely standard weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc Warehouse reports.
- Actively contribute to development and implementation of Global Supply Chain KPIs and Improvement initiatives.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Diploma in Procurement and Logistics Management, a degree in similar field will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ work experience in Warehouse Management
- Knowledge of generic warehouse management systems and forms
- Physically mobile, able to lift 30kg without strain.
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Good mathematical skills.
- Competent use of computers especially spreadsheets (format/sort/filter).
- Strong sense of personal integrity.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 13th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.