Job Title: Content Development Coordinator (Lego Play Matters Project) – Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Plan International Uganda
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Plan International Profile:
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
The Content Development Coordinator – Lego Play Matters Project will be responsible for development of Learning through Play (LTP) content materials for the technical areas that Plan International Uganda has been assigned to take lead on across the region working in collaboration with the Content Development and Partnership Coordinator. He/she will play an active role in the implementation of content materials with the field teams/project officers and support content development processes with consortium partner Organizations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead in the development of primary school learning materials including subject matter content under Plan International Uganda mandate.
- Support in identification of content development resource persons/consultants for the various technical areas
- Supporting collection and review of existing subject-matter content, documents and curricula materials
- Support content development and adaptation.
- Provide leadership in the translation of materials developed.
- Support Field team in the distribution of Learning through Play materials
- Support in the development of project work plans, budget and Monitoring Evaluation and Learning documents.
- Support deliver and manage training of various stakeholders and consortium partners
- Work closely with project field staff in implementing Learning through Play content materials and other broader stakeholders.
Minimum Qualifications for Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Primary Education/Early Childhood, Child Development, Development Studies, Social Sciences or any relevant field with wide demonstrated relevant experience working with International Non-Governmental Organisations.
- At least three years of progressively professional work experience in design, implementation and evaluation of Primary Education and or Early Childhood Development. Familiarity with Learning through Play strategies is an asset.
- Excellent riding skills with possession of motorcycle riding permit is a MUST.
- Excellent project implementation and organization skills.
- Able to work in a consortium arrangement and keep track of multiple priorities and adhere to deadlines
- Demonstrated skills and experience in report writing and budget management.
- Ability to Identify and synthesis best practices and lessons learned to promote knowledge management and sustainability.
- Ability to work in hard to reach hard to stay areas and familiar with programming for vulnerable children especially young girls and boys.
- Establishes effective partnerships with external stakeholders
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with ability to work with people from diverse cultures
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft software including MS Word processing, Power point presentation, Excel spreadsheets, e-mail and web-based research.
- Experience of gender mainstreaming, gender equality and inclusion in development programming
- Experience working with Education or Child protection programmes in a humanitarian context.
How To Apply for Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 12th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.