Job Title: Social Behavior Change Communication Specialist – HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Humanity & Inclusion
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Responsible to: Technical Manager
Basic Salary: UGX 5,696,889
Humanity & Inclusion Profile
Handicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
The Women’s Integrated Sexual Health (Lot) 2 Access, Choice, Together, Innovation and Ownership, now (WISH2ACTION) is a comprehensive and integrated approach to delivering family planning and sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR). It prioritizes the most underserved women and girls, particularly youth under 20, the very poor, and marginalized populations (including people with disabilities, displaced populations or those affected by humanitarian crisis, and people living in hard-to-reach areas). HI is an implementing partner in the WISH2ACTION project consortium and is responsible for disability inclusion across six of the project’s 16 countries of implementation (Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Pakistan and Burundi). WISH2ACTION is a commercial contract from DFID that brings together six internationally recognized leading organizations: HI, Marie Stopes International, OPTIONS, IRC and DMI along with 11 IPPF Member Associations.
The project’s implementation started in 2019. The current phase ends February 2022.
The SBCC Specialist will lead the technical implementation of WISH2ACTION SBCC (Social and Behavioral Change Communication) and provide technical guidance for consortium members, policy makers, and services providers on disability inclusive SBCC in every country of intervention of HI in the scope of the WISH2ACTION programme. The SBCC Specialist will oversee the design, planning, and implementation of SBCC activities. He/she will be responsible for supporting inclusive SBCC interventions across all HI intervention countries, by playing a lead role in guiding formative research; developing a SBCC strategy and implementation plan; supporting the development, testing and production of tools and job aids; and monitoring the progress of activities to ensure a consistent and coherent execution of interventions
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical assistance for the development and implementation of health communication strategies and integrates SBCC components into interventions to improve access for persons with disabilities to SRHR information and services.
- Develop or revise technical resources (e.g., training materials, SBCC plans, strategy documents, work tools) and programming tools to contribute to the achievement of WISH2ACTION project objectives.
- Provide technical assistance to WISH consortium partners and local actors at all levels and implementing partners, and support the documentation of these activities.
- Collaborate with HI WISH and partner teams to design a communication strategy including development of health messages focusing on change of discriminatory social norms considering different target groups.
- Provide capacity strengthening and building in SBCC approaches as they pertain to inclusive health, building goals at community and system levels; and ensure buy-in and sustainability of the program’s SBCC strategy and approaches.
- Design and conduction of regional and remote webinars and online trainings for HI staff, consortium partner and other relevant SRHR stakeholders.
Operations and Reporting
- Organizes in collaboration with the Technical Manager -WISH, the follow-up of the SBCC activities
- Completes detailed SBCC strategies and work plans
- Provides all scheduled reports and other reporting requirements:
- Participates in writing the technical SBCC aspects of regular project reports (donor reports, and internal reports)
- Support country teams in development of SBCC material
- Compile a virtual booklet with all accessible SBCC and IEC material with technical guidance on how to produce accessible communication material for different groups of persons with disabilities
- Regular participation in Regional Team Meetings, Technical Country Calls, and Regional SBCC meetings with consortium partners providing minutes
- Compilation of weekly action plans to be shared and discussed with RTM
- Report and documentation of SBCC activities according to requirements from RTM
Research and learning
- Conducting formative research for the development of messages and materials
- Identify theory and evidence-based SBCC strategies (including interpersonal communication (IPC), participatory small group and community mobilization) to reduce social, behavioural and other risk factors that hinder access to inclusive health.
- Build the capacity of HI teams and other partners to develop and manage health communication activities.
Respect HI identity, rules and policies; In coordination with the Human Resources Manager and Operations Manager:
- Know, understand, apply and respect HI code of conduct and ethics, HI mandate and values, HI rules and operating procedure, HI policies (child protection policy, policy and mechanism for the prevention of and fight against bribery, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment policy) and make sure they are known, understood, applied and respected by the team
- Know, understand, apply and respect HI security rules and regulations and make sure they are known, understood, articulated and applied by her/his team
Minimum Qualifications for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
- Master in social sciences, public health or other project related sciences
- Knowledge and experience in the concept of human rights based disability inclusion approaches
- At least 2 years of knowledge and experience in health education and behavioural change communication and in developing behavioural change communication tools and materials.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of health projects and implementation research experience.
- Experience in developing and implementing a behavioural change communication strategy, focusing on creating demand for community and facility-based health services in particular in SRHR
- Experience in designing and implementing at least two sexual and reproductive health projects that include a strong behaviour change communication component.
- Experience in designing and conducting trainings and compiling technical guidance documents.
- Knowledge and understanding of intersectional approaches in SBCC
Personal and Technical Competencies,
- High skilled Computer and ICT tools
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to work under extreme pressure
- Flexibility to travel to the field frequently
- Strong organisational skill
- Report writing skills
- Communication and facilitation
How To Apply for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter as One Document (DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES) to HR department email@example.com the position and Project applied for not later than on
Any efforts to influence the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification
Due to the volumes of applications received, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Humanity and Inclusion is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage females and persons with disabilities to apply to become a part of our organization.
HI staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the Code of Conduct.
HI operates and enforces policies on beneficiary protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
HI does not solicit funds in exchange for employment opportunities.
Deadline: 15th August 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.