Job Title: 3 Field Worker (GUIDES) – MRC/UVRI Jobs Uganda 2021
Organization: MRC/UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Reports to: Project Leader
Position Code: FW-821
MRC/UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit Profile
The MRC/UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit is an internationally recognised centre of excellence with dominant research themes in the areas of HIV and emerging infections, vaccines and immunity, and chronic diseases and cancer. Through a multidisciplinary approach, intersecting basic science, epidemiological research, social-behavioural research and the conduct of new intervention evaluation studies, the Unit contributes knowledge on changing epidemics and diseases, the evaluation of innovative health care options, treatment and prevention and the development of health policy and practice in Africa and worldwide. Following the signing of strategic transfer agreements between the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) and the Medical Research Council (MRC UK), the Unit formally joined LSHTM on 1st February 2018.
The exciting new partnership will boost research capacity into current and emerging health issues in Africa and throughout the world. The Unit is based at the UVRI Entebbe campus with established outposts in Kalungu, Masaka, Wakiso and Kampala Districts.
The jobholder is to support the Project Leader and Facility Study teams to coordinate study activities required for site set-up, recruitment, maintaining participant attendance logs, contact information and tracing participants missing their scheduled visits.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To set up study sites;
- To explain study purpose to potential participants;
- To assist in participant recruitment;
- To administer study information and obtain informed consent;
- To assist clinical staff during clinical procedures including blood draws, BP measurement among others;
- To draw blood from participants with GDM at 34 weeks of Gestation;
- To transport study samples, by motorcycle if necessary, from clinic/study sites to the appropriate laboratory for timely processing;
- To liaise with the Project Leader, Facility teams and to minimize loss to follow up and plan home visits;
- To update contact information, track and trace participants with missed visits;
- To track supplies/consumables for the study sites;
- To contribute to data collection and cleaning; and,
- To operate and maintain an adequately serviced motorcycle in accordance with the national highway code and the MRC/UVRI & LSHTM fleet regulations.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Post-secondary diploma/certificate in science field (Nursing background
- preferred or related experience);
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in addition to above qualifications Human subject training e.g. GCP is highly desirable;
- At least one-year experience in medical/clinical research setting;
- Experience in conducting research in a field setting;
- Experience in community mobilisation and interviewing;
- Experience riding motorcycles with class A riding permit or willingness to obtain one;
- Good command of both English and Luganda;
- Technical competence in a field strongly related to medical/clinical research;
- Knowledge of research study protocols and practices; and,
- Basic computer literacy is desirable.
How To Apply for MRC/UVRI Jobs Uganda 2021
Follow the link below to fill a form and submit your application documentation:
- Filling the form more than once will lead to automatic disqualification. High level of integrity while filling the form is required and will be considered during shortlisting.
- Combine all your application documentation i.e. cover letter, CV & academic documents into one PDF document. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. This position is open to Ugandan nationals only. Strictly follow the application procedure as failure to do so will lead to automatic disqualification. Only online applications through the link provided will be accepted.
- You will receive a notification in your email if your application and documentation have been successfully received. In the event you are selected as the best candidate for the job, it will be a requirement to present certified copies of academic documents prior to contracting.
The applications should be addressed to:
The Head of Human Resources,
MRC/ UVRI and LSHTM Uganda Research Unit,
P.O. Box, 49,
Deadline: 13th August 2021 at 5:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.