Job Title: Procurement Officer – JCRC Jobs in Uganda 2021
Organization: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Specialist
Joint Clinical Research Centre Profile:
Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is a Centre of Excellence that was started in 1990 to address the very serious problem of HIV/AIDS, which was at its peak by that time. The institution is a limited liability, not for profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), which was initiated by a collaborative effort of: Ministry of Health, Ministry of Defence and Makerere University Medical School (currently College of Health Sciences).
The Procurement Officer will coordinate the procurement of supplies and equipment for supported health units and program activities. S/he will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient functioning of all procurement and disposal activities of the project.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Oversee procurement processes, including review of purchase requisitions, request for quotations, supplier selection, negotiations, purchase and delivery forms, and coordination with the stock management officer.
- Spearhead the process of supplier pre-Qualification and management.
- Management of leases, contracts and agreements for services and goods.
- Ensure JCRC and USAID procurement policies and procedures are adhered to
- Receive orders from program staff, ensuring the follow-up of the local purchases supplied, payments, and delivery confirmation.
- Procurement of printing for training materials (stationary, manuals, handouts, etc.) and stationary for workshops, and other events.
- Update and maintain the project procurement tracker.
- Stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; and train JCRC program and partner staff in these policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor of Procurement and Logistics Management or Bachelor of commerce, Business Administration or any other business related field.
- Three to five years of practical experience in the field of Procurement and Supply management with demonstrable knowledge of Public Procurement Laws of Uganda PPDA and USAID guidelines and regulations.
How To Apply for JCRC Jobs in Uganda 2021
All candidates should send their applications addressed to;
Manager Human Resource & Development,
Joint Clinical Research Centre,
Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road,
P.O Box 10005, Kampala-Uganda.
Email: email@example.com Please strictly submit two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages).
Closing Date: Friday 6th August 2021 by 12:00pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.