Job Title: Project Assistant (WASH Obongi) – LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Job Location: Obongi, Northern Region, Uganda
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Limited Profile:
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centred and community-based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
LWFUganda works closely with United Nations agencies (UNHCR, IOM, UNFPA, UNICEF, WFP), PRM, EU/ECHO, BFTW, etc. LWF Related and faith-based agencies and their back donors. For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/WorldService.
Under the guidance of the project officer, the project assistant is responsible for monitoring of household sanitation and hygiene status, promoting safe hygiene practices and periodically prepare and submit activity reports/ success stories to the project officer.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Mobilizes and sensitize communities and institutions on best hygiene and sanitation practices.
- Participate in communicable and non-communicable diseases surveillance.
- Conduct water quality monitoring/ surveillance.
- Conduct periodic assessments/survey on WASH activities
- Participate in WASH sector coordination with other stakeholders during project implementation.
- Effective supervision of community-based facilitators (hygiene promoters) on ground.
- Support water user committees in developing operation and maintenance strategies of WASH facilities.
- Conduct hygiene campaigns in the community and institutions.
- Assist POs to manage and distribute WASH materials related to assigned project activities.
- Organise and conduct dialogue and sensitization meetings on WASH related issues.
- Periodically prepare/document and submit activity reports/ success stories to the project officer.
- Together with project officer, project assistant to develops weekly activity work plans
- Prepares activity work plan with the community-based facilitator
- Build capacity of community-based facilitator for effective implementation of project activities
- Assist the PO in developing proposal/project work plan and budget estimation.
- Build capacity of community-based facilitator (hygiene promoters) for effective implementation of project activities.
- Conduct routine monitoring and supervision of community-based facilitators (hygiene promoters) field activities.
- Setting targets for the community-based facilitators (hygiene promoters) and conduct periodic appraisal.
- Conduct technical trainings for the community-based facilitators necessary for the delivery of quality WASH activities.
Financial management / Budget Monitoring & Control:
- In liaison with the project officer, participate in budget revisions for the project/programme according to standards of the donor;
- In liaison with the project officer, keep track of all project/programme budgets and ensure that project/programme activities are within assigned budgets;
- In liaison with the project officer, review management accounts to track expenditures and provide feedback to the SPA;
- Document and submit financial related issues.
Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Participate in the implementation of a robust M&E System to monitor project performance and ensure an appropriate level of accountability;
- Conduct periodic assessments/survey on WASH activities.
- Participate in developing M&E Tools and ensure effective deployment and use of those tools.
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Ensures strict adherence to the principles of child protection/psychosocial support at all times including respect for confidentiality and a child centered approach, and act in the best interests of the persons of concern.
- Commitments to and understanding of LWF aims, values and principles including rights-based approach.
- The staff must ensure that organization assets are maintained and taken care of.
Minimum Qualifications for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
The applicants for the Project Assistant – WASH job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Social Work, Environmental Health Science, Social Sciences, Development Studies or any other relevant field of study, Post Graduate training in Project Planning and Management is an added advantage also a sound knowledge of Financial Management is an added advantage, At least 2-3 years’ experience in Project Management/Community Development programming, Proven knowledge and experience in developing and implementing community mobilization projects and Must possess a valid riding permit.
He/She must have Problem Solving and Decision-Making skills, Good interpersonal skills and excellent negotiation skills, Excellent English Language (both written and spoken), Information Technology (MS Office, Internet), Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines, Good team worker with ability to exercise sound judgment, to remain flexible to a changing environment, and to make decisions independently.
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 13th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.