Job Title: Fresher Junior Project Manager – Samasource Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Samasource Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Samasource Uganda Profile:
25% of the Fortune 50 trust Samasource to deliver secure, high-quality training data and validation for the technology teams driving humanity forward. From self-driving cars to smart hardware, Samasource fuels AI. Founded over a decade ago, we’re experts in image, video and sensor data annotation and validation for machine learning algorithms in industries including automotive, navigation, AR/VR, biotech, agriculture, manufacturing, and e-commerce. Our staff are driven by a mission to expand opportunity for low-income people through the digital economy, and our social business model has helped lift over 50,000 people out of poverty.
The incumbent will develop and lead a production team to provide support to the research and development team with efficient and effective services.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Communicate the progress of research and development projects, timely reports and resourcing initiatives to all relevant internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that the set targets are attained and surpassed within time and with high quality project execution.
- Manage and deliver work for various projects and provide reliable information in accordance with agreed plans and schedules and handle minor project escalations
- Provide internal stakeholders with transparent and attentive project management support covering delivery to research and development management.
- Responsible for the management, organization and coordination of the day to day work of the Team and production staff of the designated account within the Centre to deliver the highest standards.
- Lead and manage the production staff, ensuring that they are well managed, trained, and motivated to meet the objectives and priorities of the Centre by providing constant feedback on their performance and where necessary, coaching to close performance gaps
- Responsible for project quality management and basic project cost management
- Handle minor project escalations and manage conflict within the team
- To work proactively with colleagues across the Centre taking the initiative to resolve issues as they arise and contribute appropriately to meetings.
- Provide product and research and development team with feedback regarding SamaHub features
- Develop a strong trusted advisor relationship with key internal stakeholders
Identify potential value additions and/ or areas of work we can target for the client with justifiable business impact of the proposed solution.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables.
- Ability to accept challenges and tackle difficult situations and meet the expected goals
- Must possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills to assist with data requisitions from the R&D team
- Good project management skills and ability to pay attention to the qualitative and quantitative trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential in regards to presenting the results of analyses to management.
- Self-motivated to learn new concepts and participate in new projects.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience; the ability to develop and coach a team.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying close attention to details.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
How To Apply for Samasource Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the links below.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.