Job Title: Laboratory Chemist – Agri Exim Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Agri Exim Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Microbiologist/Laboratory Head
Agri Exim Limited Profile:
Agri Exim is the producer of certified-organic, all-natural, non-GMO organic products. We work with over 17,000 farmers across four countries to deliver the highest quality food, fibres and other organic products.
The Laboratory Chemist will set up an apparatus and carry out qualitative and quantitative physio-chemical analysis on both raw materials and finished good food samples while ensuring compliance with the established Safety and Quality Standards.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To prepare and standardise laboratory reagents for sample analysis
- To conduct sample analysis for qualitative and quantitative physio-chemical parameters as per the established standard food test methods.
- Responsible for equipment calibration, daily verification and maintenance with traceability and compile equipment performance reports for submission to the Laboratory Head.
- Responsible for good housekeeping and total cleanliness of the laboratory apparatus and the equipment therein in accordance to written procedures and standards.
- Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date glassware and reagent inventory records.
- To ensure proper documentation and reporting of lab activities as per the established format and procedures.
- To participate in Proficiency Testing and other competence assessment activities of the laboratory.
- To actively participate in ISO 17025 Laboratory Quality Management System documentation for laboratory accreditation.
- To participate in BRC documentation and other Quality and safety audits of the company
- Implement Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) as per written Standard Operating Procedures of the Testing laboratory.
- To participate In-process control activities as may be required from time to time.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Science Laboratory Technology (Chemistry), Industrial Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science and Technology. Training in Laboratory Safety and ISO 17025 Laboratory Quality Management System is an added advantage.
- At least three years of work experience in Analytical Laboratory Operations with excellent knowledge of Food Analysis.
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- People management skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Able to work under pressure and in changing shifts including at night.
How To Apply for Agri Exim Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their applications to: HR@agrieximfze.com
Closing Date: 8th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.