UCDA Jobs 2021 – 2 Procurement Officers
Job Title: 2 Procurement Officers – UCDA Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) Profile:
Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) is established as a Public Authority, and its mandate is to promote and oversee the coffee industry by supporting research, promoting production, controlling coffee quality, and improving the marketing of coffee in order to optimize foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to the farmers.
The Procurement Officer will coordinate, monitor and provide technical support in the implementation of procurement and disposal of assets function for UCDA to ensure value for money.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Provide support in the preparation and implementation of procurement and disposal of assets policies, plans and guidelines.
- Prepare draft bid documents, bid notices, statement of requirements and contracts.
- Manage the issuance, receipt and opening of bids or expressions of interests and proposals from potential bidders.
- Participate and guide Committees in the evaluation of bids for all procurement requirements as per set guidelines.
- Prepare timely submissions for consideration by the Contracts Committee and support the Unit in implementation of the decisions of the Contracts Committee.
- Maintain complete and accurate procurement files and records including all correspondences related to procurement or disposal activities, and ensure that records are properly secured and confidential for future use.
- Support contracts management through monitoring contracts, progress, delivery schedules and pointing out any shortcomings to the Head Procurement & Disposal Unit.
- Prepare procurement progress reports, monthly procurement reports and other reports as may be required by Management.
- Liaise with suppliers and other stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Oversee the management of procurement databases including the
- Integrated Financial Management System (IFMS) and the Government Procurement Portal (GPP).
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Management.
- First Class or Second Class (Upper) Bachelor’s degree in Procurement, or Supply Chain Management, or Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM) / Bachelor of Business Administration [BBA] with specialization in Procurement and Supply Chain Management, or any other related University Degree from a recognized University or Institution.
- A minimum of CIPS Level 1 or its equivalent
- A Diploma in Procurement from a recognized awarding institution will be anadded advantage.
- Relevant working experience of at least of three (3) years in application of PPDA guidelines gained at the level of Procurement Officer in Government or an equivalent level of experience in procurement from a reputable organization.
- Good oral and written communication skills. Should be fluent in English
- Working knowledge of the PPDA procurement rules and guidelines.
- Concern for quality and standards
- Planning and organizing skills
- A high level of interpersonal and management skills and ability to work with teams in the organization
How To Apply for UCDA Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
- Signup before applying for the vacancy
- Fill the Application Form and follow the prompts accordingly
- Upload Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates as a single Document of maximum size 2MB, in Portable Document Format (pdf)
Closing Date: 17th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.