Job Title: Grant Accountant (HANA Project) – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Vision Uganda (WVU)
Duty Station: Gulu
Reports to: Project Coordinator (HANA Project)
World Vision Uganda (WVU)
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
The Grant Accountant – HANA Project will provide financial technical support to the project in accordance with World Vision accounting policies and procedures and the Acceptable International Financial Accounting standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Raise, receive and review voucher interface files and ProVision requests from the Project for the completeness/accuracy of data, account codes and provide feedback on daily basis
- Review and manage the mobile money transactions for the project and ensure timely and accurate mobile reconciliations by 10th following month
Financial planning & budget management:
- Complete and consolidate the project Budgets, upload into Horizon by August and to Share point by December each financial year
- Monitor budget and cash-flows by ensuring expenditures are within the budget limits, identify and provide variances explanations for management decision making by 13th monthly
- Generate and review Sun systems generated and other financial reports for the project and share/discuss the reports with the cluster teams on 11th monthly and have final reports filed at the cluster by 15th each month
- Take lead in the cluster internal and external audit and ensure that audit recommendations are implemented on a timely basis, that is within the 90 days
- Update asset registers to monitor and manage project assets) in accordance with WV Finance Manual on quarterly basis
- Carry out routine field visits to ascertain value for money and items reaching correct beneficiaries
- Provide technical financial support and hands on to project/cluster Assistant Accountants, Project staff and partners within the cluster
Minimum Qualifications for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
- The ideal candidate for the World Vision International Grant Accountant – HANA Project job should hold a university degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing
- Partial professional qualification in A.C.C.A, CPA, CA, CIA or CMA or equivalent.
- A minimum of three years’ post qualification experience in accounting and finance
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team builder, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- Experience of working in the field (communities)
- Knowledge of project management and project cycles
- The position is based at the cluster/project office but may require ability and willingness to travel to communities.
How To Apply for World Vision Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 11th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.