Job Title: Logistics and Procurement Officer – Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V.
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda (with visits to field sites in Uganda whenever necessary)
Reports to: Logistics, Procurement and Administration Manager
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. Profile
Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe e.V. (www.thejohanniter.org) is a German Christian non-governmental organisation, dedicated to excellence in the field of first aid, ambulance service, social service programmes and other projects in the medical and social field. The Federal Headquarters are based in Berlin, Germany. Johanniter International Assistance is the operational unit for humanitarian aid, development co-operation and emergency relief, implementing and supporting mostly health projects worldwide.
The Logistics and Procurement Officer supports the Logistics, Procurement and Admin Manager to review and follow up of operational logistics across all Johanniter Projects in Uganda. This will require an attention to detail in the Country Office procurement and logistics processes. This role will include voucher verification and the ability to perform qualitative analysis to the procurement process of our project partners. The Procurement and Logistics Officer will assess & organize logistics of transport requirements; establishes a detailed procurement program plan; ensure effective commodity management and quality control; devises methods of stock control; closely monitors supplies management and regularly submits reports to the Logistics Manager. He /She will provide assistance for Country Office and the Partners to be accountable for their responsibilities, as well as to ensure that effective logistics principles and protocols are in place. He/ She will also be actively involved in supporting Johanniter Uganda’s partners who implement projects. The Logistics and Procurement Officer provides overall effective and efficient support to programs’ needs with specific reference to supporting the implementation at the field level of procurement, logistics and equipment/asset/inventory management strategies, procedures and tools developed at HQ or Country level, through coordination and cooperation with all project staff, implementing partners and beneficiaries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring all procurement processes are in line with JOHANNITER Operations Handbook
- Following up on the annual procurement plan for Johanniter-funded projects, in coordination with Program staff
- Managing the procurement tracking sheet, including in relation to assigning progressive numbering to purchase requisitions, monitoring progress of each procedure and flagging any issues/delays
- Advising Programme colleagues and beneficiaries/partners on the appropriate procedure to follow for a given procurement need as per donor and Johanniter guidelines
- Managing the electronic and non electronic dissemination of invitations to bid (including requests for quotation, single quote procedures, etc.)
- Participating in the evaluation of received bids;
- Managing relations with suppliers during the contract implementation period
- Ensuring the correct closure of each procurement procedures
- Managing procurement files in accordance with JOHANNITER OH procedures and requirements
- Implementing all instructions posted onsite and/or communicated by JOHANNITER HQ and the Head of Mission.
Equipment /Asset/Inventory Management Responsibility
- Managing the relevant filing system, with specific reference, but not limited to updating the Assets and Equipment List , labelling new items, and the General Programme Equipment List in real time and in accordance with JOHANNITER procedures
- Ensuring assets/equipment handover to beneficiaries/partners takes place in accordance with JOHANNITER procedures and donor requirements where applicable
- Ensuring all logistics-specific donor rules and policies are understood and respected;
- Monitoring availability of office supplies and ordering as necessary;
- Collecting information on vehicle needs from all project colleagues and communicating to respective colleagues on time.
- Contributing to drafting of bi-weekly and other reports.
- Any other official duties as assigned
- The applicant must hold a University Degree in relevant fields preferably BBA (Accounting), B Com or BSC in procurement and Logistics Management or equivalent work experience
- At least three years of experience in the area of supply chain management with International NGOs, of which at least one in a position entailing direct responsibility over ensuring compliance with set standards and procedures under minimum supervision
- Prior experience in managing large numbers of assets
- A good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Capacity to use the computer (basic skills)
- Ability to perform assigned duties under minimum supervision.
How To Apply for Johanniter-Unfall-Hilfe Uganda Jobs 2021
Applications for this position (including a cover letter, CV, reference contacts of three former supervisors) should be sent to: email@example.com Please indicate “Logistics and Procurement Officer – Maternity Cover ” in the subject line of your e-mail and in the application mention your earliest date of availability. Also include your earliest availability date in your application
NB: Only complete applications will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Deadline: Friday, 20th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.