Job Title: Fresher Education Officer (Isingiro) – NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
Duty Station: Isingiro Field Office
Reports to: Education Project Coordinator
Supervision of: Teachers
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Profile
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the Education project activities according to strategy, proposals, budgets and plans
- Ensure adherence to NRC policies and donor requirements
- Involve and inform communities and community leaders about the activities
- Break down the annual operational plans into weekly, monthly and quarterly implementation plans
- Coordinate with relevant partners
- Ensure that procurement, development and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to procedures
- Supervise, train and develop team (Teachers)
- Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents as required
- Investigate and facilitate introduction of new technology, methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities.
- Supervise and inspect teachers and Head teachers regularly with specific focus on quality and professionalism
- Identify training needs of teachers and suggest for relevant trainings to meet the needs.
- Organize and conduct regular meetings with school/center management committees in view of improving the AEP activities
- Organize and conduct refresher trainings for school/ Centre Management Committees if necessary.
- Compile and submit monthly Education, protection and assistance activity reports.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant authorities and communities at field level.
- Identify and register learners for the education programme.
- Update the learners’ and teachers’ data base.
- Identify and coordinate school/centre logistical needs.
- Liaise with the School Management Committee (SMC) during follow up of learners and in mobilizing local resources to facilitate teaching.
- Conduct community sensitization meetings on education programme.
- Guide, supervise and appraise project Assistants under the programme.
- Two (2) years of experience from working as an Education Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- At least 2 years of previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Ability to speak any of the local languages of the beneficiaries
- Knowledge of the local context
- Thorough knowledge of the education systems in Uganda.
- Ability to manage resources and achieving results
- Ability to handle insecure environments
- Skills of working with people
- Skills of coping with change
How To Apply for NRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 20th August 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.